What’s not to love about this simple, moist and yummy banana coffee cake with chocolate, walnuts and coconut flakes as the filling. Right? A different and delicious take on coffee cakes. Do try it, you’ll not regret it.
More Cake Recipes
Banana Coffee Cake
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour (85 gr)
- ⅔ cup brown sugar (105 gr), packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter (75 gr), cold & cut into cubes
- 3 oz semisweet chocolate 55% cocoa (90 gr), cut into pieces
- ⅓ cup coconut flakes (25 gr)
- ⅓ cup walnuts (30 gr), chopped
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour (290 gr)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter (113 gr), soften
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 gr)
- 2 eggs , room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas (10 oz or 280 gr), mashed
- In a bowl, add in flour, brown sugar and cinnamon powder. Mix well. Add in cold butter. Using your fingertips, massage the butter into the flour until the mixture becomes crumbly. Add chocolate, coconut flakes, walnuts and mix everything well. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add in butter and sugar. Whisk for a few minutes until creamy. Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until everything is well combined. Add in mashed banana and give it one last mix to combine.
- Add in sifted flour mixture. Fold everything together just to combine. Don't over mix to avoid hard, dense cake.
- Spoon ⅓ of our prepared filling evenly into a 10 inch (25 cm) bunt pan (that has been buttered and floured beforehand). Then spoon ½ of the cake batter on top. I use an ice cream scoop to make it easier. Spread the batter evenly. Then spoon the rest of the filling on top of the batter. Finish off with the rest of the batter, spreading it evenly also.
- Bake in preheated oven at 320ºF (160ºC) for 50 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked. Loosely cover with aluminium foil if the cake browns too fast.
- Remove from the oven and leave it for 5 minutes. Move the sides a bit to help loosen the cake from the pan. Flip it onto a rack. Best served warm, enjoy!