Fluffy moist banana waffles sandwiched together with generous amount of creamy decadent dulce de leche, how's that for your breakfast or tea? Authentic Argentine way of indulging the ever so yummy dulce de leche.
If you want to make your own dulce de leche, it's very easy, check out my recipe here.
Watch how to make banana waffles with dulce de leche in the video below:
Banana Waffles with Dulce de Leche
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg , room temperature
- 1/2 very ripe banana , mashed
- 60 gr unsalted butter , melted
- 3/4 cup milk , room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- dulce de leche , as needed
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, add all the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture into the wet. Mix just until everything is well combined. Do not overmix to avoid hard, dense waffles. Set aside for 5 minutes while preheating your waffles maker.
- Once the waffle maker is ready, put some butter and spoon in some batter. Close the lid and cook for a few minutes until the waffles turn golden brown and fully cooked. - follow your waffle maker instructions
- Serve waffles with LOTS of dulce de leche and enjoy!