Super fast and delicious chewy amaretti cookies with a touch of clementine. Crunchy on the outside and chewy in the inside. These famous Italian cookies are great to have with some hot coffee. Sprinkle with some icing sugar and they’re irresistible!
More Cookie Recipes
- Nutella stuffed chocolate chunk cookies
- Peanut butter cookies
- Salted oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies
- Pumpkin cookies
- Peanut butter and jam thumbprint cookies
Chewy Amaretti Cookies
- 2 egg whites , room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup ground almonds (175 gr)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (150 gr)
- 1 tbsp amaretto
- 1 clementine zest
- some icing sugar , to sprinkle on top (optional)
- In a bowl, add in egg whites and whisk until stiff peaks. Add in ground almond, sugar, amaretto, clementine zest and fold everything together.
- Use a 1.5 tbsp ice cream scoop and scoop the batter on a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 320ºF (160ºC) for 20 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked. Once cooled, dust with some icing sugar and serve with some hot coffee. Enjoy!