A twist to the classic Asian peanut cookies. Chocolate peanut cookies! The chocolate elevates the richness taste of the cookies, making them addictive. Make these for this coming Chinese New Year, you won’t regret it. Or make these for any type of occasions, weekends included.
Watch how to make chocolate peanut cookies in the video below:
Chocolate Peanut Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts (105 gr)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour (100 gr)
- 2/3 cup icing sugar (80 gr)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (30 gr)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg yolk , room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Sunflower oil (80 ml)
- Blend peanuts into fine crumbs, set aside.
- Sift all purpose flour, icing sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Add in previously ground peanuts and mix well to combine.
- Add in egg yolk and vanilla extract. Mix well. Then slowly pour in sunflower oil while mixing. Bring the dough together into a ball, using your hand.
- Take around 1 tsp of dough and form it into a ball. Place it on a baking tray with a baking sheet. Lightly press peanut halves on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300ºF (150ºC) for 10 minutes or until the cookies are fully cooked. Leave them on the tray for 5 minutes or until almost cooled. Only then transfer to a rack and leave them to cool completely. They will break apart if you touch them while they're still hot.