If you like chocolate cookies with extra chocolate and extra yummy taste, I think these cookies are for you. Honestly saying I’m only a fan of anything white chocolate but these lil gems just got me hooked.
They’re chocolate cookies with chocolate chips, oats and roasted almond. Rich in flavor and so irresistible!
Watch how to make chocolate oatmeal cookies in the video below:
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 1/3 cup all purpose flour (300 gr)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder (10 gr)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup powdered milk plus 1 1/2 tbsp more (50 gr)
- 1 cup unsalted butter plus 2 tbsp more (250 gr), room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing sugar plus 2 tbsp more (70 gr)
- 1/3 cup raw cane sugar plus 1 tbsp more (80 gr), or brown sugar
- 1 egg , room temperature
- 1 egg yolk , room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz chopped toasted almonds (60 gr)
- 1.4 oz oats (40 gr)
- 1/2 lb chocolate chips (250 gr)
- In a bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and powdered milk. Whisk everything together and set aside.
- In another bowl, add in butter, icing sugar and raw cane sugar. Mix just until combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, mix just until combined.
- While still mixing on low speed, add in flour mixture bit by bit. Whisk just until everything is combined. Do not over whisk/mix to avoid getting hard cookies.
- Add in almonds, oats, chocolate chips and mix everything together.
- Make 1 inch balls and place them on baking tray with baking sheet, leaving 2 inches space apart. Bake at 170ºC (340ºF) preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and they're fully cooked. Cool completely on a rack before storing in jars.