Moist and rich almond cake with a touch of coconut, baked with fresh pears and sprinkled with almond flakes. Yes. A perfect cake to bake when you want to impress somebody.
More Cake Recipes
- Olive oil orange cake
- Yogurt lemon cake
- Spanish almond cake
- Carrot cake with pineapple and pecans
- Zebra cake
Almond and Pear Cake
Moist and rich almond and pear cake with a touch of coconut and sprinkled with almond flakes. A perfect cake to bake when you want to impress somebody.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 16 portions
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (15 gr)
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 pears
The Almond Cake
- 1 ⅔ cup all purpose flour (215 gr)
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (minus 1 tablespoon used for the pears) (211 gr)
- ¾ cup brown sugar (120 gr), packed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (150 gr)
- 3 eggs , room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup buttermilk (125 ml)
- ¾ cup ground almond (75 gr)
- ⅓ cup coconut flakes (25 gr)
- 2 tablespoon clementine juice
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup almond flakes (22 gr)
- In a bowl, add in 1 tablespoon from the 1 cup butter and the sugar. Heat for a few seconds in the microwave until the butter is melted. Stir for a few times to mix in the sugar. Pour the mixture into an 8 inch (20 cm) springform pan that has been buttered beforehand. Spread evenly. Remove the skin and cut the pears into 18 slices, more or less. Arrange the slices all around the base of the pan. Set aside.
The Almond Cake
- In a bowl, add in flour, baking powder and salt. Sift and set aside.
- In another bowl, add in the remaining butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and whisk for a few minutes until fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time while you continue mixing. Mix well after each addition. Add the almond extract and buttermilk, mix well to combine. Add in the previously sifted flour mixture, ground almonds and coconut flakes. Mix well with a spatula but don't over mix to avoid hard texture.
- Spoon the batter into the previously prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake in a preheated oven at 340ºF (170ºC) for 1 hour or until fully cooked. Cover it loosely with aluminium foil if it browns too fast.
- When you take the cake out of the oven, leave it in the pan for 5 minutes. Then place a plate on top and carefully flip the pan. Then carefully open and remove the springform pan. Let the cake cool.
- Add the clementine juice and honey in a saucepan and cook for a few minutes until it slightly thickens. Stir occasionally. Then pour on top of the cooled cake. Finish off by sprinkling almond flakes on top. Serve and enjoy!