Fluffy moist banana waffles sandwiched together with generous amount of creamy decadent dulce de leche, how's that for your breakfast or tea? Authentic Argentine way of indulging the ever so yummy dulce de leche.
You can make your own dulce de leche for this recipe, it's very easy.
Banana Waffles with Dulce de Leche
- 1 cup all purpose flour (130 g)
- ¾ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg , room temperature
- ½ very ripe banana , mashed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (60 g), melted
- ¾ cup milk (190 ml), room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- dulce de leche , as needed
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, add all the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture into the wet. Mix just until everything is well combined. Do not overmix to avoid hard, dense waffles. Set aside for 5 minutes while preheating your waffles maker.
- Once the waffle maker is ready, put some butter and spoon in some batter. Close the lid and cook for a few minutes until the waffles turn golden brown and fully cooked. - follow your waffle maker instructions
- Serve waffles with LOTS of dulce de leche and enjoy!