Super fast and delicious chewy amaretti cookies with a touch of clementine. Crunchy on the outside and chewy in the inside. These famous Italian cookies are great to have with some hot coffee. Sprinkle with some icing sugar and they’re irresistible!
More Cookie Recipes
- Nutella stuffed chocolate chunk cookies
- Peanut butter cookies
- Salted oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies
- Pumpkin cookies
- Peanut butter and jam thumbprint cookies
Chewy Amaretti Cookies
Super fast and delicious chewy amaretti cookies with a touch of clementine. Crunchy on the outside and chewy in the inside. These famous Italian cookies are great to have with some hot coffee. Sprinkle with some icing sugar and they’re irresistible!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 16 cookies
- 2 egg whites , room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup ground almonds (175 gr)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (150 gr)
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- 1 clementine zest
- some icing sugar , to sprinkle on top (optional)
- In a bowl, add in egg whites and whisk until stiff peaks. Add in ground almond, sugar, amaretto, clementine zest and fold everything together.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon ice cream scoop and scoop the batter on a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 320ºF (160ºC) for 20 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked. Once cooled, dust with some icing sugar and serve with some hot coffee. Enjoy!
Calories: 118.1kcal, Carbohydrates: 13.5g, Protein: 3.2g, Fat: 6.4g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Sodium: 6.4mg, Potassium: 6.6mg, Fiber: 1.4g, Sugar: 11.2g, Calcium: 27.6mg, Iron: 0.5mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @elmundoeats and tag #elmundoeats!
Hi Bea, thanks for the amazing recipes, we love it!
Do you think I can replace amaretto by Cointreau orange liqueur?
Hope you can have more guilt free vegan healthy recipes :p
Hi! Glad that you liked them, thank you! And yes, you can 👍. I'm all about making healthy recipes this year (and onwards) so do check in! 😍
Don't see the option to attach an image. Made them the second time today, wanted to post a picture of the cookies. They're delicious 😋😋
Yes we don't have the option to attach image in our website. But hey I saw the photo that you emailed me and they look amazing! Thank you Mita! 🙂 🙂