TGIF!! How about some homemade chickpea curry for Friday night? Nice, eh? Grab a bowl of rice, some naan or pita bread and you're off to a great start of a wonderful weekend. Cheers!!
More Curry Recipes
- Dhal curry
- Quick turmeric lentil stew
- Slow cooker chicken rendang curry
- Sardine curry
- Red curry laksa noodle soup
How about some curry for Friday night? Nice, eh? Grab a bowl of rice, some naan or pita bread and you're off to a great start of a wonderful weekend.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- 28 oz cooked chickpeas (800 gr)
- 3.5 oz spinach (100 g)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 thumb sized ginger , finely chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic , finely chopped
- 2 small sized Italian green peppers , finely chopped
- 3 onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon heaped turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon heaped ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 4 ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 ¾ cup water (450 ml)
- 1 cup coconut milk (250 ml)
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves
- Put a wide pan on a medium heat, add in cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom, ginger, garlic and green peppers. Saute for a few minutes
- Add in onions and a bit of salt. Continue cooking until they are soft and golden brown, more or less for 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally
- Add in turmeric, garam masala, coriander and chilli powder. Stir for a few seconds. Add in tomatoes and water. Adjust the salt level if needed. Bring to a boil
- Add in chickpeas, mix well. Put the lid on and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Lower the heat, add in coconut milk and continue cooking for 5 minutes
- Add in spinach, stir well and cook until they are wilted. Sprinkle some coriander leaves and your chickpea curry is ready to serve. As good as it is now, try eating it the next day..even better.
This chickpea curry taste so much better the next day.
Calories: 380.2kcal, Carbohydrates: 47.8g, Protein: 14.4g, Fat: 17.5g, Saturated Fat: 11.8g, Sodium: 974.6mg, Potassium: 1042.6mg, Fiber: 14.5g, Sugar: 7.7g, Calcium: 168.4mg, Iron: 6.3mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @elmundoeats and tag #elmundoeats!
Jessica Lewis says
Yum! Thank you thank you! What a beautiful dish!
Thanks Jessica! 👍😃
This is really yummy, Bea - I made this last night and it's outstanding. Easy, too! I enjoyed it with warmed naan bread. What kind of pot did you cook this in - cast iron?
Happy that you liked it 😀 Naan bread is perfect to soak up all the curry. And nope, I just used the typical non stick pan for this. Thank you Chris! 😀