Although Halloween has passed that doesn't mean everything pumpkin-related has to stop, right? Have you tried my amazing chewy pumpkin cookies, my pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, and my pumpkin cheesecake brownies? They're to die for!
And what better than to give this cream cheese-filled pumpkin bread loaf a try?
Imagine soft moist pumpkin bread together with that pumpkin pie spice flavour and don't just stop there, now combine those with the delicious oh la la cream cheese.
Doesn't that sound like heaven to you? It surely does to me 😉
Let's get started!
How To Prepare Your Pumpkin
We're diving straight to the point today, yes we do.
It is a pumpkin bread loaf recipe to begin with so the hero here is non other than the pumpkin itself.
First of all, don't go and buy some pumpkin pie filling, alright? What we want is just pure pumpkin puree. Not sweetened or flavoured in any way.
And how difficult it is to make pumpkin puree, right? The answer is yep, not difficult at all. For this recipe I'm using my favourite pumpkin of all, the butternut squash.
I would really recommend you to bake your pumpkin instead of boiling it, before mashing it into a puree.
Baking your pumpkin will make it sweeter (yes for that!) and it also prevents water absorption (if you were to boil your pumpkin instead).
We want pure pumpkin goodness.
So just carefully cut your whole pumpkin in half, place the halves face side down on a parchment paper and bake in the oven for 1 hour at 350ºF (175ºC) until when you poke through the flesh with a knife, you feel there's no resistance.
Then simply scoop out the flesh, mash into a puree and leave it cool completely before using.
I mean, how easy is that, right? And trust me, it's worth the easy effort 😀
Where To Get The Pumpkin Pie Spice?
I hear you.
Not everybody has access to everything, right?
If you can't find pumpkin pie spice in stores near you (like me!), you can simply make it your own. And I'm telling you, my homemade pumpkin pie spice blend is so simple that you'd think why am I not doing this in the first place?
This is one of the easiest recipes that give you an amazing result, without even trying.
All you need is some bowls and a hand whisk, that's all. I really hope you'd give it a try. It's the pumpkin season after all, right?
Like always, share a photo with me after you make it. Or after you make any of my recipes. Tag me in your instagram photos with @elmundoeats, then your photos will appear in my Tagged instagram page! Don't just tag me in the description or comment, alright? Because many of you are doing that and I feel such a pity that your amazing photos don't appear in my Tagged page where everybody else can also see.
Tag me in the photo itself.
Also don't forget you can also rate my recipes by selecting the stars in the comment section 😉
This cream cheese filled pumpkin bread loaf is:
- an extremely easy recipe for you bakers out there. seriously!
- soft, moist with the wonderful flavour of pumpkin pie spice that really takes it to another level
- with cream cheese bonus, who doesn't love that?
- is a great way to enjoy pumpkin in this pumpkin season
- just SUPER DELICIOUS
Hungry For More Pumpkin?
Check out these delicious pumpkin recipes:
- Fluffy Pumpkin dinner rolls
- Delicious pumpkin cookies
- Fudgy pumpkin cheesecake brownies
- Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread Loaf
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 oz cream cheese (113 g), room temperature
- 1 egg , room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 3 tablespoon all purpose flour (24 g)
- 2 cup all purpose flour (260 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ⅓ cup sugar (260 g)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (225 g)
- ⅓ cup sunflower oil (80 ml)
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt (70 g)
- 2 eggs , room temperature
Cream Cheese Filling
- Add all ingredients into a bowl. Mix everything until well combined using a hand whisk. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients into another bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Add all ingredients into another bowl. Mix everything until well combined using a hand whisk.
- Now add in half of dry ingredients and mix everything well. Add the rest of dry ingredients and mix again. Don't over mix though.
- Pour half of batter into a 4.4x10 inch (11x25 cm) loaf pan that has been buttered and lined. Spread the batter evenly. Now gently spoon in or pour the cream cheese filling to cover all of the batter. Gently add in the rest of the batter and spread it evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350ºF (175ºC) for 1 hour 10 minutes or until you insert in a wooden skewer and it comes out clean. Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes before removing it from the pan. Cool completely on a rack.
- This recipe makes 1 loaf cake that can be sliced into 18 portions.