My version of Thai green curry chicken. Packed with herbs and aroma, this Thai green curry uses my homemade green curry paste with home grown chilies, lemongrass AND Thai basil, which makes it extra special to me.
Nice smooth creamy flavours of the curry matched with white rice, it's totally a winner.
Thai Green Curry Chicken
- 1 lb chicken thighs (450 g), bone in and skinless
- 3 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 10 kefir lime leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cup water (500 ml)
- 4 oz green beans (110 g), cut into 1" length
- 1 tsp sugar
- 14 oz canned coconut milk (400 g)
- Thai basil leaves , from 10 stems
- In a pot, add in chicken thighs, kefir lime leaves, salt and water. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is almost cooked. Flip the chicken now and then.
- Add in green beans and cook for another 10 minutes or until the green beans are fully cooked, the chicken is tender and the liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add in coconut milk and sugar. Adjust seasoning if needed. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for another few minutes. Turn the heat off. Add in Thai basil leaves and stir them in. Your Thai green curry chicken is ready to be served.