Good old classic banana bread. Yep.
When there are million types of modern cakes out there, sometimes it's just refreshing to go back to the good old classic ones. Like this banana bread.
I'm not saying the others are not delicious. Nope, not at all. In fact I've made a banana bread recipe before. It has walnuts, coconut flakes and ohhhh it's so yummy, oh yes believe me.
But today it's all about classic super simple and basic banana bread.
What Type Of Banana To Use
This recipe is perfect if you have lots of super ripe bananas laying around in your house, itching your eyes and begging you to throw them out. Well nope, don't. They might look all brown, spotty and not attractive but believe me, they're perfect for banana bread.
We always have bananas in our house. Sometimes I secretly leave them to get over ripe and ugly like that so I can bake with them.
Do give this super simple yet delicious, soft and super moist banana bread a try. I know you'll not regret it. At all.
More Banana Recipes
- Chocolate banana bread
- Banana coffee cake
- Banana chocolate chip muffins
- Banana waffles with dulce de leche
- Healthy chocolate peanut butter banana bread
Good Old Classic Banana Bread
- 2 cup all purpose flour (260 gr)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter (75 gr), soften
- ⅓ cup Sunflower oil (80 ml)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 gr)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs , room temperature
- 4 ripe bananas , around 14 oz or 400 gr, mashed
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add in butter, oil and sugar. Whisk until the mixture turns very creamy. Then add in eggs, vanilla extract, mashed banana and mix until well combined. Finally add in the sifted flour mixture in 2 additions, mixing just to combine after each addition. Don't over mix.
- Pour the batter into a 5x9 inch (13x23 cm) loaf pan that has been greased and floured beforehand.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350ºF (175ºC) for 50 minutes or until fully cooked. Cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!