I promise that you will absolutely love these healthy 3 ingredients tahini cookies.
With only 136 calories per cookie, it will satisfy your cookie cravings in a better and healthier way, compared to store-bought ones.
Why is that? Because we will only use awesome wholesome ingredients in these cookies which are oats, natural 100% tahini paste and unrefined brown sugar. Nothing else.
Let's get started, shall we?
Texture and flavour - Soft cookies with bursting tahini flavour
Size - 12 cookies, 136 calories/cookie
Level - Super easy, one bowl recipe
Diet - Gluten free, vegan
Lets Talk Ingredients
Tahini - 100% tahini paste, natural, unsweetened. Make sure you mix the tahini well since the oil tends to separate and you get the thicker consistency at the bottom of the jar.
SUBSTITUTION: Use any other natural unsweetened nut paste or butter like peanuts, almond or cashew.
Oats - I use instant oats
Sugar - I use unrefined brown sugar. You can use any type of brown sugar, of course, including coconut sugar.
How To Store
I keep them in an airtight container at room temperature. As simple as that.
They're best consumed within 5 days. You can easily freeze them also, no problem at all. Just thaw at room temperature.
You can crumble a cookie and sprinkle it on your plain yogurt, no need to sweeten it with anything else. Try!
- Healthy chocolate chip cookies
- Easy Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Salted oatmeal cookies with chocolate chunks
- Malaysian style coconut cookies
- Double chocolate fudge cookies
Healthy 3-Ingredient Tahini Cookies
- 1 cup instant oats (90 g)
- ½ cup unrefined brown sugar (90 g)
- ⅔ cup natural unsweetened tahini paste (180 g)
- Preheat oven at 355ºF (180ºC) using conventional mode, with upper and lower heat. Prepare a baking tray lined with parchment paper, set aside.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix everything well using a spatula. Using a 1 ½ tablespoon ice cream scoop, scoop mixture and flatten it a bit with your fingers. It'll be a bit sticky.
- Place on the prepared tray and continue with the rest of the mixture. Bake on upper ⅓ rack for 14 minutes or until they look golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely on the tray.
- Keep in airtight container at room temperature. Best consumed within 5 days.
- Use spoon and level method (for cup measurement)
- Use portable oven thermometer (like this one) for a more precise temperature reading (I use it too)
- Refer to my post above for tips and substitutions
HI, what happens if you use oats that are not instant? Thanks!
Hi! Instant oats are finer in texture, they mix and bake easier compared to others (which are tougher). Hope it helps!
Athan Targontsidis says
These were very delicious and easy to make. I made 4 dozen and froze two dozen of them for later use. They are great with tea and with my afternoon yoghurt.
Yeay 🙌! So happy that you liked them. My husband likes to add some to his yogurt also. Thank you so much for your feedback Athan!
Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Dan, happy that you liked them 🙌!
I love your healthy recipes, Bea!
Please share more with us. These cookies were so delicious. We love everything with tahini.
Thank you for the recipe!
Thank you Julie! Yes, I'm sharing more healthy(er) recipes and you can also check out our website for existing ones 😉.