I promise that you will absolutely love these healthy 3 ingredients tahini cookies.
With only 136 calories per cookie, it will satisfy your cookie cravings in a better and healthier way, compared to store-bought ones.
Why is that? Because we will only use awesome wholesome ingredients in these cookies which are oats, natural 100% tahini paste and unrefined brown sugar. Nothing else.
Let's get started, shall we?
Texture and flavour - Soft cookies with bursting tahini flavour
Size - 12 cookies, 136 calories/cookie
Level - Super easy, one bowl recipe
Diet - Gluten free, vegan
Lets Talk Ingredients
Tahini - 100% tahini paste, natural, unsweetened. Make sure you mix the tahini well since the oil tends to separate and you get the thicker consistency at the bottom of the jar.
SUBSTITUTION: Use any other natural unsweetened nut paste or butter like peanuts, almond or cashew.
Oats - I use instant oats
Sugar - I use unrefined brown sugar. You can use any type of brown sugar, of course, including coconut sugar.
How To Store
I keep them in an airtight container at room temperature. As simple as that.
They're best consumed within 5 days. You can easily freeze them also, no problem at all. Just thaw at room temperature.
You can crumble a cookie and sprinkle it on your plain yogurt, no need to sweeten it with anything else. Try!
- Healthy chocolate chip cookies
- Easy Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Salted oatmeal cookies with chocolate chunks
- Malaysian style coconut cookies
- Double chocolate fudge cookies
Healthy 3-Ingredient Tahini Cookies
- 1 cup instant oats (90 g)
- ½ cup unrefined brown sugar (90 g)
- ⅔ cup natural unsweetened tahini paste (180 g)
- Preheat oven at 355ºF (180ºC) using conventional mode, with upper and lower heat. Prepare a baking tray lined with parchment paper, set aside.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix everything well using a spatula. Using a 1 ½ tablespoon ice cream scoop, scoop mixture and flatten it a bit with your fingers. It'll be a bit sticky.
- Place on the prepared tray and continue with the rest of the mixture. Bake on upper ⅓ rack for 14 minutes or until they look golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely on the tray.
- Keep in airtight container at room temperature. Best consumed within 5 days.
- Use spoon and level method (for cup measurement)
- Use portable oven thermometer (like this one) for a more precise temperature reading (I use it too)
- Refer to my post above for tips and substitutions