The heat is coming on us, can you feel it? What is more refreshing than a bite of these healthy no-bake blueberry mini cheesecakes, right?
No warming up your kitchen since there's no cooking or baking involved at all. And we love that at this time of the year.
These blueberry cheesecakes are on the healthy side because they are made using wholesome ingredients and have no refined sugar at all. Just like my healthy blueberry crumb bars!
They are not necessarily low(er) calories than the typical cheesecake because we all know, that low calories don't mean it's healthy. Let's change our mentality, and say yes to wholesome food!
Texture and flavour - Nutty base with super creamy cheese filling flavoured naturally with blueberries.
Size - 10 mini cheesecakes or makes 1 whole 7-inch (18 cm) cheesecake (needs longer chilling time).
Level - Easy, all you need is to blend and whisk.
Occasions - Perfect to prepare during hot seasons as they require no cooking, amazing for parties or family get together.
Lets Talk Ingredients
Blueberry - Use fresh or frozen, they both work. If using frozen, thaw them first.
SWITCH IT UP: Use other berries such as raspberries, blackberries or strawberries.
Cream cheese - Full-fat natural, please. You can use light cream cheese but you need to experiment with the amount of gelatine to help it set because it won't be the same.
SUBSTITUTION: Use full-fat natural Greek yogurt.
Sweetener - I use erythritol. You can use whatever dry sweetener that you prefer, for example, Stevia. Don't use liquid sweetener as it won't make the cheesecakes set properly unless you go ahead and experiment with adding more gelatine.
Gelatine - I use natural powdered gelatine with the amount to set 1 cup (250 ml) of liquid.
SUBSTITUTION: Use agar agar instead. Follow your packet's instructions on how to use it. Use the amount to set (as mentioned above) as needed because it's different between brands.
How To Make Them Set
I've tested setting these cheesecakes using 2 different methods and they both work great.
- In the freezer - 2 hours, the fastest way. But you need to leave them at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving so that you can enjoy the creamy texture.
- In the fridge - the coldest part in the fridge takes 4 hours.
How Long Do They Last Outside The Fridge?
These cheesecakes have gelatine, yes. But as with any other cheesecake, they need the cold to maintain their shape, texture and flavour.
Don't leave them out at room temperature for more than 30 minutes.
Serve just when you're about to eat them (unless they're frozen). If not, keep them in the fridge all the time, for up to 3 days.
More Healthy Recipes
- No-bake mango cheesecake
- 4-ingredient peach upside-down cake
- Strawberry cheesecake shots
- Carrot cake muffins with glazing
- Oats banana muffins
Healthy No-bake Blueberry Mini Cheesecake
- ½ cup walnuts (50 g)
- ½ cup almond flour (45 g)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- ⅔ cup fresh blueberry (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 16 oz full fat cream cheese (450 g), room temperature
- ½ cup sweetener (60 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoon powdered natural gelatine
- 1 tablespoon water
- Blend walnuts and almond flour in a food processor into a fine texture. Add in maple syrup and blend for a few more seconds to make everything comes together.
- Divide equally into 10 muffin papers, places in a muffin pan. Using the back of a spoon, press the base evenly. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Blend blueberry and lemon juice using a hand blender. Pour into a bowl together with sweetener and cream cheese. Using a whisk, mix until everything is well combined. Set aside.
- Into another bowl, mix gelatine and water. Leave to soak for 5 minutes. Then heat geantly in microwave until gelatine is fully dissolved. Add 1-2 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture into the bowl and mix well.
- Now pour into the cream cheese mixture and immediately whisk until everything is well combined. Divide evenly into the muffin pan and smooth out the top.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours, leave at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Or chill in the coldest part of the fridge for 4 hours. Enjoy!