Can't find everything bagel seasoning at your place?
The closest shop that has it is a moon away?
Worry not, today let's make our own homemade everything bagel seasoning recipe. It's super easy and simple you will not believe it!
What Is Bagel Seasoning?
If you know bagels (who doesn't, right) then you'll notice that bagels typically come with some seeds topping on top.
Well there you go, that's the bagel seasoning! Some refer it as anything bagel or anything but the bagel seasoning. It's a mix of seeds, garlic, onion and salt.
The best about this seasoning is that it doesn't stop at bagels only. You can season your grill chicken, sprinkle on top of avocado on your toast and so much more.
6 Ingredients Seasoning
This will only take 6 ingredients which are sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion powder, garlic powder and coarse salt.
Yes, it's that easy!
With this recipe you can easily make it at home and in smaller batch, enough to whenever you need some. You don't need to have a huge container of it for years and years.
And hey, check out my everything bagel whole wheat pull apart bread! Yes it only uses whole wheat flour.
Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Mix everything and you're ready to go! Keep in airtight container for longer lasting.
How To Use
- This is a versatile seasoning. You can rub it on your roast veggies, chicken or meat, sprinkle it on your salad or fried eggs. Your choice.