Have you tried honey sriracha chicken? My version is baked honey sriracha chicken.
They are super crispy panko breaded chicken thigh pieces coated with thick sweet spicy and a tad tangy sauce.
Oh la la!
Like always, don't forget your bowl of rice to complete this delicious dish.
Yeah.. throw in some steamed veggies while you're at it.
Baked Crispy Chicken
I don't know about you but I simply LOVE crispy crunchy fried chicken, squids, shrimps.. you know what I'm getting at.
As much as I love them, I don't fry often in our house. Marco doesn't let me. Haha!
So to satisfy my cravings I bake them instead.
Not only they're healthier but they are way EASIER and FASTER to make. You don't need to babysit them like if you were to fry them.
I'm using panko breadcrumbs. They make the baked food crunchier than the typical breadcrumbs.
To get that golden brown deep fried color, I like to dry toast the panko first.
I either do it on the stove or in the oven. This time I'm simply toasting them in the oven.
It's optional, you know. Skip this step if you don't feel like it. The honey sriracha chicken will be equally delicious!
Honey Sriracha Sauce
This sauce is super easy to make.
You basically cook the sauce mixture until it thickens to your desired consistency and that's it.
How easy is that, right?
I do have to say (warn you), this sauce is a bit on the spicy side. Well according to my husband.
So adjust the spicy level to your liking. Put less sriracha sauce or skip the chili flakes.
You're the boss of your own sauce. Ha!
If you don't have sriracha, no worries dear friend. Use whatever hot sauce that you have in the house.
Home cooking is about creating amazing food in our kitchen using what we have and at the same time, enjoying ourselves. Let's not stress out over some sriracha sauce.
I hope you will give this dish a try. I promise, it's going to be way better than the take outs.
This baked honey sriracha chicken is:
- healthier since the chicken are baked
- easy to prepare, no babysitting the chicken like if your were to grill or fry them
- better than any take outs
- the honey sriracha sauce can easily be personalised to your liking
- SUPER DELICIOUS AND AMAZING!
You can check here some of the ingredients used in this recipe and my favourite Asian ingredients to cook with.
Before You Go
Here are some more recipes that you might be also interested in:
- Korean BBQ meatballs
- Soy sauce stir fry noodles
- Eggs in sweet and spicy sambal
- Baked spicy chicken with coconut milk (ayam percik)
Honey Sriracha Chicken
- 1 ⅔ cup panko (150 gr)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (450 gr)
- some salt & black pepper , for seasoning the chicken
- ½ cup all purpose flour (65 gr)
- 2 eggs
- some oil , for drizzling
- PANKO: Pour panko in a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 400ºF (200ºC) for 4 minutes or until the panko turns slightly golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- CHICKEN: Prepare 3 plates and put flour, eggs and cooled panko separately in each plate. Beat the eggs. Set everything aside. This will be out breading station.
- Cut chicken thighs into 2 inch (5 cm) pieces. Season well with salt and black pepper. Mix everything good.
- Now we will work with our breading station. Take a piece and coat it with flour, shake off any excess flour. Dip in beaten eggs and then place it in the panko. Coat evenly with panko and place it on a baking tray with baking sheet. Continue with the rest.
- Drizzle the chicken pieces with some oil. Bake in a preheated oven at 400ºF (200ºC) for 20 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Meanwhile let's prepare the sauce.
- Mix sriracha, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, water, Chinese five spice, chili flakes into a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan on medium heat. Add in garlic, ginger and cook until they turn golden brown. Pour in the honey sriracha mixture and continue cooking until the sauce thickens, mixing now and then to prevent it from burning.
- Take off the heat. Add in sesame oil and give it a final mix.
- Once the chicken is cooked, pour them into the pan with the sauce. Mix well to coat each piece of the chicken with the lovely sauce.
How To Serve
- This delicious honey sriracha chicken is best served with a bowl of rice and some veggies on the side. Sprinkle some coriander leaves and some sesame seeds on top of the chicken. Yum!
- The sauce is so delicious that you might want to make more of it 😉
To Use Chicken Breast
- You can use chicken breast instead. Bake the panko a tad longer until truly golden brown. Cut the chicken breast smaller, around 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces and cook for less time to prevent them getting dry.