My take on the famous Thai dessert. Just slightly salty sticky rice eaten with sweet mango and topped off with sweet coconut milk sauce. The combinations of sweet and salty in this just go together perfectly.
Mango Sticky Rice
My take on the famous Thai dessert. Just slightly salty sticky rice eaten with sweet mango and topped off with sweet coconut milk sauce.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 3 people
The Sticky Rice:
- 1 cup glutinous rice (185 g), soaked overnight and drained
- ¼ cup water (60 ml)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut milk (60 ml)
- ¾ cup coconut milk (190 ml)
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 mangoes , cut into cubes
The sticky rice
- Soak glutinous rice overnight and then drain. Steam for 15 minutes. In a bowl, add in water, salt and coconut milk. Mix well. Add in steamed glutinous rice and mix until the coconut milk is fully absorbed. Steam for another 25 minutes, stir every 10 minutes to get perfectly steamed glutinous rice. Serve at room temperature.
The coconut sauce
- In a pot, add in coconut milk, sugar and corn flour. Mix well and cook until the sauce thickens. Cool completely before serving.
- Put some cubed manggo on a plate together with some sticky rice. Pour the coconut sauce on top. Ready to serve.
Calories: 531.4kcal, Carbohydrates: 89.2g, Protein: 7.2g, Fat: 17.9g, Saturated Fat: 15.3g, Sodium: 214.1mg, Potassium: 457.5mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 31.1g, Calcium: 37.6mg, Iron: 3.9mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @elmundoeats and tag #elmundoeats!
Leave a Comment