Who doesn't like mango, right?
And who doesn't like mango lassi, or better yet.. mini mango lassi cheesecakes!
Yes, we are going there today. We're converting our mango lassi into cheesecakes.
Today is the day when we bring our mango lassi game up a notch.
Though I feel it doesn't need any introduction, I will humour myself by doing it anyway.
Lassi is a famous yogurt drink that was originated in India. And believe it or not, lassi can either be sweet or salty. Yep.
Mango lassi is a sweet lassi (of course) and is prepared by blending yogurt, mango, milk and can either be with or without sugar.
I guess it depends more on how sweet the mango is.
And hey, did you know that our no-bake mango cheesecake was the first cheesecake recipe in our channel and website? And it's been watched more than 1.5 million times in Youtube?
These mini cheesecakes are not baked, so yes, they're easier to make.
Also this recipe is a bit different from all of my no-bake cheesecake recipes.
I call it speedy cheesecakes. Why?
Because you don't need to chill it overnight. Just put them in the freezer for 3 hours and they're ready!
No Gelatin Or Agar-Agar
These are also speedy ones in a sense that you don't need to bother preparing gelatin or agar-agar.
They hold up great and with such creamy texture.
You should really try! Let me know what you think.
These mini mango lassi cheesecakes are:
- simply perfect for this hot weather
- no-bake cheesecakes, meaning they're easier to make
- have no gelatin or agar-agar in them
- don't need to be chilled overnight
- if you've tried my no-bake cheesecake then you'll know these will be DELICIOUS!
Before You Go
Do check these recipes also:
- Dairy free mango coconut popsicles
- Quick mango mousse
- Sweet and spicy mango chutney
- Tropical mango muffins
- Mango sticky rice
Mini Mango Lassi Cheesecakes (No-Bake)
- hand mixer
- Muffin Pan for 12
- 6.7 oz digestive biscuits (190 g)
- ⅓ cup butter (80 g), melted
- 10.5 oz full fat cream cheese (300 g), room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened natural Greek yogurt (250 g), room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar (60 g), sifted
- 1 cup mango puree (250 g)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ cup whipping cream min 35% fat (125 ml), chilled
- more mango puree , for topping
- some cubed mango , for topping
- Prepare 15 muffin liners in two muffin pans. Set aside.
- Place biscuits in a ziplock bag and using a rolling pin, bash them until you get fine crumbs.
- Place in a bowl together with butter and mix well.
- Divide evenly into 15 muffin liners and using the back of a spoon, press to compact. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Peel a mango, take out the meat, and place it in a blender like this. Add in lime juice and blend until smooth.
- Separate 1 cup aside for the filling.
- Place cream cheese in a bowl and using a hand held mixer, whisk until fluffy. Then add in powdered sugar and yogurt. Mix everything well.
- Now add in mango puree and mix. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add in whipping cream and whisk until stiff peaks. Then add in into cream cheese mango mixture. Gently fold everything to combine.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill all the muffin cups. Shake the muffin pan to help the filling settle in. Use an offset spatula to smooth out the top.
- Place in the freezer (not fridge) for 3 hours or until they are firm.
- Depending on the size of the mango, you might need more than 1 mango since we also want to have more puree and cubed mango for the topping.
- These cheesecakes are creamy and have no gelatin/agar-agar so don't leave them out at room temperature for long.
After making the mini mango cheesecakes I'm not going to eat them all so can they be stored in the fridge for a few days or the freezer what's left
Will canned mango purée work?
Yes, it will.
Cherry Li says
May I know the lime juice listed in the ingredient list is required? The instruction didn’t mention anything about it.
Yes, it's blended together with the mango. You can see it in the instruction when making mango puree. Hope it helps.
Susan Kuan says
Hi Bea, do I continue to leave it in the freezer after 3hr if I am only eating it tomorrow?
Can I omit the whip cream?
Tripti Baid says
Hi Bea! I am going to be making the dessert in the coming days. I was just wondering how long the shelf life of the cheesecakes are? As I'm hoping to make them on Saturday but not use them till Monday or Wednesday. Please inform me as soon as you can. Thank you!
Hi! I don't recommend you making them that many days ahead though, unless you store them in the freezer. Hope it helps.
Hi Bea! Can I use graham crackers, or are digestive biscuits better?
Hi! Yes you can use graham crackers, no problem. I personally prefer digestive biscuits because they have that saltiness touch to them that goes great with sweet treats. Hope it helps!
Amy Wong says
Can I add in gelatin cuz I’m staying in a tropical country n it melts very easily. If yes, what’s the proportion. Thanks 🙂
Can I still make this recipe without the whipping cream?
Very very nice testy
Hi! Is there any substitute for whipping cream if it’s not available? Or can it be omitted in the recipe? Thank you!
Tried the recipe, however the cream cheese layer tend to melt so fast, once I take it out from the freezer, any idea why?
This recipe is a no-bake and no gelatin one so don't leave it out too long. Please refer to my tips above on how to serve. Hope it helps 🙂
Hello Dear !!!!
I haven't tried your Mini Mango Lassi Cheesecakes yet, but I will definitely after I watched this video. You are tremendous.. What a skill !! I hope that my cheesecakes will turn out similar to yours, Wish me good luck ! Have a wonderful day,,,
Hi Seda! Yes, give it a try. I hope you'll like it as much as we do.Thank you so much! 😍
Gavrilă jeni stefania says
After 3 hours can i put them in the fridge?where i should keep them?
I'd recommend you to serve them directly, but you can keep them in the fridge meanwhile.
How long can they be left in the freezer? I would need to make it the night before I will be actually serving them. Will overnight freezing ruin it?
I've never left them overnight in the freezer so I can't really say, sorry!
Thank you Nisha!
Hi ..can I use silicon tray instead of the steel baking tray and without muffin liners?
I haven't tried it with silicon tray (I don't have one) so I can't really say, sorry!
Hi there! While writing this i am on the process of making it too. But i have one ques. Can i used the ready made mango puree as a substitute for mango fruit? Thankyou
Yes you can 🙂
Delia Goh says
I've tried this recipe and it's really good! It's a foolproof recipe! Yummmm!
Awesome, thanks for your feedback Delia! XOXO
Hi. I would like to add gelatin. What will be the measurements? Thank you
Angela Tson says
Bea these were delicious, we loved them so much! I followed your tips to serve them and they came out perfect. Refreshing. Also great video, thank you god bless! <3
Right? I just love them! Thank you so much Angela! XO
Hi i would like to know if i leave this cheesecake in room temperature will it melt?
Hi! I don't recommend leaving any no-bake cheesecakes at room temperature for long. Refer to my tips on how to serve in the recipe card above. Hope it helps.
Cida Marques says
Oi Bea tudo bem! Posso fazer sabor limão ao invés de manga , qual quantidade de limão coloco . E esse creme de queijo onde encontro ?
Jerry Lucero says
I can't wait to give it a go, thank you so much for sharing
Yes do try. Hope you'll like it as much as we do. Thanks Jerry!
Hi! Can I make this recipe in one big cheescake?
I personally haven't tried it but I don't see why not. Just adjust the freezing time accordingly.
Hi! How long can these be stored for before serving? Thanks, can’t wait to try it!
Hi Francine! I wrote instructions/tips on how to serve them in the recipe card. Hope it helps, thanks!
Linda S says
Great recipe! I made them two days ago and they were very delicious. I followed your directions and waited ten minutes. Thank you for sharing, god bless!
ps, I will try your mini cheesecakes next 🙂
I'm happy to know that Linda, thank you so much!
Can I also bake for this Mango Lassi Cheesecake?
Hi Crystal, sorry nope these cheesecakes are not to be baked. Hope it helps.
I'm going to make on this coming weekend.
That's great Crystal, hope you'll like it as much as we do!