A nostalgic no-bake chocolate biscuit bars that everybody knows and eaten in one form or the other. Here's a classic Malaysian version with a modern cheese twist. Simply delightful.
No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter (250 g), room temperature
- ¾ cup condensed milk (230 g)
- 3 large eggs , room temperature
- 1 cup milo powder or nesquick
- ½ cup cocoa powder (40 g), sifted
- 10 oz plain marie biscuits (300 g), break into 4 each
- 1 oz milk chocolate (20 g), chopped
- 2 tablespoon whipping cream (30 ml), 35% fat
Cream cheese layer:
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g)
- ⅓ cup whipping cream plus 1 tablespoon more, (100 ml), 35% fat
- ¼ cup icing sugar (40 g), sifted
- In a pan, add in butter, eggs, condensed milk, milo and cocoa powder. Turn heat to low medium, mix everything together and cook until a shiny and thick mixture is formed.
- Add in the biscuits and immediately stir everything together. Make sure every piece of biscuit is coated with the mixture. Turn the heat off.
- Pour the cake mixture into a 22x22 cm square pan lined with aluminium foil (for easy cake removal later). Spread evenly. Press and compact the cake. Chill in the fridge for 4 hours.
- In a bowl add in chocolate, whipping cream and heat in microwave for 15 seconds each time until the chocolate is melted. Stir to combine each time. Put in a piping bag and set aside.
Cream cheese layer
- In a bowl, add in cream cheese, icing sugar and mix until cream cheese is fluffy. Add in whipping cream and mix to combine and until the mixture thickens. Set aside.
- Pour cream cheese on the cake. Spread evenly. Pipe chocolate ganache in lines. Use a skewer stick and make some cross lines. Chill overnight before serving.