A nostalgic no-bake chocolate biscuit bars that everybody knows and eaten in one form or the other. Here's a classic Malaysian version with a modern cheese twist. Simply delightful.
No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Bars
A nostalgic no-bake chocolate biscuit bars that everybody knows and eaten in one form or the other. Here's a classic Malaysian version with a modern cheese twist. Simply delightful.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 26 bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter (250 g), room temperature
- ¾ cup condensed milk (230 g)
- 3 large eggs , room temperature
- 1 cup milo powder or nesquick
- ½ cup cocoa powder (40 g), sifted
- 10 oz plain marie biscuits (300 g), break into 4 each
- 1 oz milk chocolate (20 g), chopped
- 2 tablespoon whipping cream (30 ml), 35% fat
Cream cheese layer:
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g)
- ⅓ cup whipping cream plus 1 tablespoon more, (100 ml), 35% fat
- ¼ cup icing sugar (40 g), sifted
- In a pan, add in butter, eggs, condensed milk, milo and cocoa powder. Turn heat to low medium, mix everything together and cook until a shiny and thick mixture is formed.
- Add in the biscuits and immediately stir everything together. Make sure every piece of biscuit is coated with the mixture. Turn the heat off.
- Pour the cake mixture into a 22x22 cm square pan lined with aluminium foil (for easy cake removal later). Spread evenly. Press and compact the cake. Chill in the fridge for 4 hours.
- In a bowl add in chocolate, whipping cream and heat in microwave for 15 seconds each time until the chocolate is melted. Stir to combine each time. Put in a piping bag and set aside.
Cream cheese layer
- In a bowl, add in cream cheese, icing sugar and mix until cream cheese is fluffy. Add in whipping cream and mix to combine and until the mixture thickens. Set aside.
- Pour cream cheese on the cake. Spread evenly. Pipe chocolate ganache in lines. Use a skewer stick and make some cross lines. Chill overnight before serving.
Calories: 229.5kcal, Carbohydrates: 20.7g, Protein: 3.4g, Fat: 15.9g, Saturated Fat: 9.2g, Cholesterol: 55.7mg, Sodium: 146.9mg, Potassium: 107.8mg, Fiber: 1.3g, Sugar: 13g, Calcium: 58.7mg, Iron: 0.9mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @elmundoeats and tag #elmundoeats!
Hi dear, is this sweetened whipping cream?
Hi Sandani! No it's not sweetened one. Hope it helps.
hi,can i skip the the cream cheese layer
Yes you can Abby 🙂
Hi, is this sweetened condensed milk? I loved this recipe and I am making these bars today..kindly reply
Hi Rabiyah, yes it's sweetened condensed milk. Hope you'll like the bars. Thanks!
Mary Allen George says
Can I skip the Milo/ Nesquick? Basically homemade Nesquick is cocoa powder+ sugar+ salt. Does it make any difference if I completely skip? Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Hi Mary! It does make a difference if you skip it completely. You can try adding more cocoa powder and sugar to help with the flavour and texture though. Hope it helps, thanks!