A fast, easy and delicious no bake homemade Key Lime pie, what more can you ask? A refreshing taste of lime with creamy sweet condensed milk is just too much too resist. Really worth trying. Best served cold.
No-Bake Key Lime Pie
- 2 cup digestive biscuits crumbs (200 gr)
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter (80 gr), melted
- 14 oz sweetened canned condensed milk , or 1 can of 400 g
- 1 lime zest
- ½ cup fresh lime juice , plus 1 tablespoon more (140 ml)
- ¾ cup whipping cream min 35% fat plus 1 tablespoon more, (200 ml) chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup icing sugar (40 gr)
- some slices of lime
- Blend or crush digestive biscuits into a fine crumbs. Pour into a bowl, add in melted butter and mix well. Pour into a 24 cm removable bottom pie pan. Press evenly to the bottom and the side of the pan. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, add in condensed milk, lime zest, lime juice and whisk to combine.
- Pour into the previously chilled base. Spread evenly and chill in the fridge overnight.
- In another bowl, add in whipping cream, icing sugar, vanilla extract and whisk until stiff peaks. Pipe on chilled pie. Decorate with some slices of lime.