Ok, so today I'm sharing with you this ridiculously easy no-knead cheese whole grain bread.
Yea, I know it's quite a mouthful name but totally worth it. Yep!
Let's just dive in, shall we?
No-Knead Quick Bread
This is a type of bread for you busy people out there. The process is super easy. You just need the willpower to mix the ingredients and the patience to wait for it to bake.
This type of no-knead quick bread doesn't require any yeast. I know some of you feel intimidated to start working with yeasted bread dough.
So fear not, we're not using any yeast today. Instead, for the leavening agents we'll be using baking powder and baking soda. Both ingredients that all of us have in our pantry, right?
This bread is amazing to enjoy with some butter (oh buttery butter), pesto (check my homemade one), olive paste, ham and more cheese if you prefer. I love to pan toast the sliced bread. Oh my!
We're on a roll with our healthy recipes these weeks and we're continuing it in this recipe, guys.
I've modified my quick no-knead multiseed bread by switching the flours to whole grain wheat flour and spelt flour. If you love bread as much as we do then you'll be happy to know that these healthier flours are not only good for you but they make you fuller.
Healthified breads don't need to be horrible bread. Right?
And this bread is just soft, tender and you can taste the cheese and garlic flavours coming through as you bite into a slice.
Hey and on top of using more nutritional flours, we're also adding seeds in it. Extra point there!
This no-knead cheese whole grain bread is:
- super easy to do, just mix the ingredients with a hand whisk
- doesn't use any yeast, so no kneading and rising time
- super soft and flavourful
- perfect for busy people like you
Hungry For More Bread?
Check out these recipes:
- No-knead focaccia
- Everything bagel whole wheat pull apart bread
- Lebanese flatbread
- Soft & fluffy milk buns
- Whole grain wheat spelt bread
And guys, when you make my recipes don't forget to take photos tag me in Instagram at elmundoeats or use #elmundoeats. Send me photos if you want, I'd love to see.
Also, please spend some time to rate the recipes in the comment section below. You'll be helping us with our website a lot. Thanks!
No-knead Cheese Whole Grain Bread
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (130 g)
- 1 cup spelt flour (130 g)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (40 g)
- ¼ cup walnuts (25 g), chopped
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 ¼ cup rice milk (310 ml), room temperature
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 ml)
- 1 tbsp honey (20 g)
- 1 cup grated parmesan (90 g)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar (40 g)
- some pumpkin seeds
- some black sesame seeds
- Add all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Add rice milk and vinegar into another bowl and leave for 10 minutes.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well using a hand whisk. Add ½ of dry ingredients into the bowl and mix well to combine. Add the rest and mix again.
- Pour batter into a 4.4x10 inch (11x25 cm) loaf pan that has been greased and lined with baking paper. Spread the top evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven on lower 3rd rack at 350ºF (175ºC) for 45 minutes or until a skewer is inserted into the bread, it comes out clean. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle cheddar, pumpkin and black sesame seeds on top. Put it back in the oven and broil at 400ºF (200ºC) for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Remove from the pan and cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
How To Store
- This bread is amazing on the day of. Keep leftovers in airtight container in the fridge.
- To Freeze: slice and wrap each slice individually with cling film, place into ziplock bag and freeze.
- To defrost: thaw at room temperature. Pan toast it to bring it back to live.