Yep. Just some good old double chocolate muffins.
Chocolaty muffins with abundance of chocolate chips in them. Don't you just want to have a bite (or two) into one of these beauties?
Why Do You Need To Make These?
For one solely reason. Because they're delicious and super quick! Well, ok.. two reasons then.
Don't you ever have one of those moments when you're craving for something chocolaty but yet are too lazy to to go out and buy something to satisfy that craving?
Well I do, more than I want to admit.
I'm not that much into sweets but when I do, I find myself always craving for something chocolaty. And this is usually my go to super fast and super delicious recipe to satisfy that craving.
I mean, you have to admit. Everybody needs a best (can I say perfect?) chocolate muffin recipe, right? One that can be whipped in a flash and eaten in less than 30 minutes.
That's what this recipe is about.
No fancy method or ingredients. Just a hand whisk and a few simple ingredients. The fanciest one might be the buttermilk but even that can be made at home.
I don't have buttermilk in my fridge unless I already have plans to use it. And most of the unforeseen circumstances, I don't have any and I usually make my own buttermilk.
Apart from my cravings now and then, I also love to make these when I have unexpected guests and don't want to be spending a long time in the kitchen preparing things. If you run out of chocolate chips (like I always do), you can easily use chopped chocolate bar.
Soft, fluffy and believe it or not.. they're not overly sweet. So prepare these this weekend and serve them with some cold milk. Oh la la!
More Muffin Recipes
- Banana chocolate chip muffins
- Lemon muffins
- Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- Double chocolate banana muffins
- Raspberry and white chocolate muffins
Quick Double Chocolate Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour (130 gr)
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon natural unsweetened cocoa powder (22 gr)
- ½ cup brown sugar (80 gr)
- ⅓ cup buttermilk (80 ml), room temperature
- 1 egg , room temperature
- ¼ cup Sunflower oil (60 ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (90 gr), plus a bit more to sprinkle on top
- Sift into a bowl the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add in the rest of the ingredients except for chocolate chips. Whisk just to combine.
- Then add in previously sifted flour and chocolate chips. Mix everything just to combine. Don't over mix to avoid dense muffins. Divide the batter evenly into 6 lined muffins cups. Sprinkle on top with some more chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350ºF (175ºC) for 15 minutes or until fully cooked. Cool completely in rack. Enjoy!