It’s time for mango! I noticed that I haven’t really made that many mango recipes. Bearing that in mind, I thought why don’t we have some super simple mango mousse, with no fuss.
I bought 2 beautiful mangos in the market the other day and was thinking of making a mango salad with them. Then one thing led to the other, busy here busy there, and the mangos were sitting on the kitchen top for several days until they were just too ripe for mango salad. Talking about it, I think I’ll make a video out of it one day.
Anyway. So that’s how this mango mousse came to be. When the mangos got neglected. Which turned to some beautiful and wonderful dessert if I might say so.
If you know your mango is very sweet, then feel free to reduce the sugar amount. Mine were normal, not overly sweet nor bland. So you adjust according to your taste.
This dessert can be prepared in less than 15 minutes for sure. The longest part is just to let it do its thing in the fridge, to fully set. I love to put some chunks of mango on top just because why not. Right?
More Mango Recipes
- No-bake mango cheesecake
- Dairy free mango coconut popsicles
- Mini mango lassi cheesecakes
- Mango sticky rice
- Tropical mango muffins
Quick Mango Mousse Recipe
- ½ cup whipping cream (35% fat) (125 ml), chilled
- 9 oz mango flesh (250 gr)
- ¾ cup icing sugar (90 gr)
- ¼ cup water (60 ml)
- 1 teaspoon gelatin powder (3 gr)
- In a bowl, pour in chilled whipping cream and whip it until stiff peaks. Set aside in the fridge until later.
- Blend mango flesh together with icing sugar into a puree. Set aside.
- Sprinkle gelatin powder on water and leave for 5 minutes for the gelatin to soak. Then heat in microwave until the gelatin is totally dissolved with 15 seconds intervals, stirring well after each intervals.
- Once the gelatin is dissolved, add in 2 tablespoon of mango puree (1 tablespoon at a time) and mix well. Then pour the gelatin mixture into our previously prepared mango puree and mix well to combine.
- Pour the mango puree mixture into our previously whipped cream. Fold just until everything is well combine. Divide evenly into 4 small glasses and leave to chill in the fridge until fully set, minimum 4 hours. Place some cubed mango before serving, enjoy!