Massive BBQ Spanish seafood paella! Yea that's how we do it! Extra packed with flavors and that precious rice crust at the bottom of the pan. Use your favorite seafood and give this paella a try in your home.
Just the process of cooking it, is a wonderful experience to share with your family. At least that's how it is in my house.
Spanish Seafood Paella
- some olive oil
- 1 onion , chopped into cubes
- ½ cup red bell pepper , chopped into cubes
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper , chopped into cubes
- ½ cup green bell pepper , chopped into cubes
- 2 plum tomatoes , peeled and chopped into cubes
- pinch of salt
- few grinds of black pepper
- 4 medium sized calamari , cut into ½ inch thickness
- 1 ¾ cup bomba/paella rice (350 g)
- 2 ¼ cup fish stock (1.2 l)
- 0.5 gr saffron
- 14 oz rice clams (400 g)
- ¾ cup rice shrimps
- 4 pieces snow crab legs
- ½ cup green peas (75 g)
- 4 large red prawns
- 6 big mussels , cooked
- few strips of roasted sweet bell pepper
- hanfull of chopped parsley
- 4-6 wedges of lemon
- Prepare your briquettes/charcoal to medium high heat. Heat some olive oil in your paella pan. Add in onion, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, tomato, some salt, black pepper and cook until they're soft. Stir occasionally.
- Add in calamari and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the rice, mix everything together and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes so that the rice can absorb all the flavours.
- Add in the 1 liter fish stock (adjust later if neccesary). Mix saffron with 200 ml fish stock and add that in also. Lightly mix everything together. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Add in clams, shrimps (they add extra flavours to the paella), snow crab legs and close the lid of your Weber. Cook until the rice is ¾ cooked. Midway, flip the crab legs to ensure even cooking.
- When the rice is ¾ cooked, add in green peas, large red prawns, cooked mussels (if you're using raw mussels, add them together with the clams), few strips of roasted sweet bell pepper and continue cooking. After 5 minutes, flip the large red prawns to ensure even cooking. I flipped the crab legs again for better presentation :D. Continue cooking until the red prawns and rice are fully cooked.
- When everything's cooked, sprinkle some chopped parsley, place some lemon wedges on top and serve it directly from the pan. Your family and friends will be amazed 🙂