If you're looking for a super easy no fuss delicious dessert, then you've clicked to the right post.
We're all about super easy delicious goodness here. And that's the perfect definition for these speculoos cheesecake shots.
First is, don't they look just beautiful? And yes, that beauty also comes with yummy!
Let's get started, shall we?
Cookie butter is a similar concept to peanut butter but with entirely different ingredients.
It's a thick paste that's made from speculoos cookies, among other ingredients. And what is speculoos cookies, you might ask.
Well speculoos cookies are shortbread cookies that are infused with spices like nutmeg, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves.. just to name a few.
The spice flavours in the cookies are really wonderful because they are not so strong. The flavours just lingers nicely in your mouth.
As for the brand, the famous one is Lotus Biscoff. That's the one that I'm using in this recipe today and also the one I used for my no-bake cookie butter cheesecake.
I Can't Find Cookie Butter, What Do I Do?
Well, this is a cookie butter dessert recipe so I would really suggest you try your hardest to find it.
But hey, if you can't find it.. no worries.
Just use your favourite biscuits or cookies for the crumbs. As for the filling, use your favourite nut butter like peanut butter or almond butter. Whatever works for you. Adjust the sweetness as you go.
The taste won't be the same of course, but hey.. something is something, right?
No Bake Dessert
Oh I didn't tell you that this is a no-bake dessert? Well I'm telling you now!
It's a NO-BAKE dessert!
And you know what that means, right? Yep! It means everything is just super easy and fast.
This is a type of dessert that you can just whip in some minutes, chill in the fridge until it's time to be served. Done!
Everything About These Yum Speculoos Cheesecake Shots
- super easy and fast to prepare
- they don't require any type of cooking or baking!
- can easily be personalised to your likings
- look so beautiful and elegant that you'll look like you've been slaving the whole day in the kitchen for these (but hey, we know better 😉 )
Hungry For More Easy Desserts?
No worries, I've got you covered 😉
- Quick mango mousse
- Key lime pie shots
- Quick 3 ingredients lemon mousse
- Lemon honey parfaits
- Homemade coconut panna cotta
Share Your Creations
I know so many of you have emailed and sent me messages saying you've tried many of my recipes and loved them.
Do share your creations with me by tagging me in Instagram (at elmundoeats) or use #elmundoeats. Or hey, or simply send me photos! You know I'd love to see them.
Also, if you love my recipes and would love to support us in what we do, which is creating more delicious FREE recipes, do spend a few seconds rating the recipes that you've tried here.
Choose the stars in the comment section below. That will really help us! Thanks!
Speculoos Cheesecake Shots
- 3 oz speculoos biscuits (85 g)
- 7 oz full fat cream cheese (200 g), room temperature
- ½ cup cookie butter (125 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup whipping cream, min 35% fat (80 ml), chilled
- some whipped cream
- some crushed speculoos biscuits
- some cookie butter , warm it slightly to make it runnier
- Place biscuits in a bag and crush them into pieces using a rolling pin.
- Spoon around 3-4 teaspoon into 4 glasses. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese into a bowl and using an electric mixer, whisk it until fluffy. Then add in cookie butter with vanilla extract and mix everything well. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add in whipping cream and whisk it until soft peaks. Add whipped cream into cream cheese mixture and gently fold everything together until well combined.
- Divide evenly into the 4 glasses. I used a piping bag to make it easier. Chill in the fridge for minimum 2 hours.
Assembling & Serving
- Before serving, pipe some whipped cream on top and then sprinkle some crushed speculoos biscuits. Lastly drizzle some cookie butter and serve!
So easy to make-delicious as well- foolproof so easy everytime i make them
Simply perfect for the holidays, right? Thanks for giving it a go!
I love this flavour I will make it for sure. Thankyou for sharing.
Awesome, hope you'll like it as much as we do. Thank you Shulay!
Can this be made into a 9-inch springform pan rather than 4 smaller containers?
Hi what tip did you use for the piping the cream on pls
Love your recipe
I am so making this
Thanks for sharing
Yes, do please! Hope you'll like it! 🙂
Salina Noordin says
You are a such nice person to share yr recipes & videos with us
Hi Salina! I'm happy to know that you're loving them! Thank you so much! XOXO
Salina Noordin says
Keep up gd works👍 Really proud that u shared yr recipe with us.
Thank you Salina! XOXO
June Morgan says
Going to make the lemon mousse tomorrow it looks devine...I know now it will be a winner!!!
Also I'll be making a couple of cheese cakes over xmas. So glad I found your website.
Thanks so much, keep up the great work.
Thanks June! Yes the lemon mousse is very good and easy 👌🏻