Sweet and spicy mango chutney with hints of spices. Simple to make, I know I keep saying simple in my recipes but it’s because they are 😂. Make it, store it in the fridge and enjoy it to your convenience.
More Indian Inspired Recipes
Sweet and Spicy Mango Chutney
- 7 shallots , diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger , finely diced
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 lb mango flesh (900 gr), cut into random sizes
- 1 cup raisins (135 gr)
- 1 ¼ cup apple vinegar (315 ml)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 gr)
- Heat some oil on medium heat. Add in shallots and cook for around 3 minutes until they softened a bit.
- Add in ginger, coriander powder, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chili flakes, cinnamon stick and cook for 1 minute until the powdery taste is gone.
- Add in mango, raisins, apple vinegar and sugar. Mix everything and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 1 ½ hour or until the mixture thickens to your desired consistency. Stir now and then to prevent it getting burnt.
- Optional: Mash some of the mango chunks to get that mashed texture or simply leave it as it is.
- Store in airtight containers and once cooled, keep them in the fridge. This chutney is absolutely delicious together with my baked tandoori chicken. Enjoy!