Sweet and spicy mango chutney with hints of spices. Simple to make, I know I keep saying simple in my recipes but it’s because they are 😂. Make it, store it in the fridge and enjoy it to your convenience.
More Indian Inspired Recipes
Sweet and Spicy Mango Chutney
Sweet and spicy mango chutney with hints of spices. Simple to make and can be enjoyed with so many meals, like tandoori chicken.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 cups
- 7 shallots , diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger , finely diced
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 lb mango flesh (900 gr), cut into random sizes
- 1 cup raisins (135 gr)
- 1 ¼ cup apple vinegar (315 ml)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 gr)
- Heat some oil on medium heat. Add in shallots and cook for around 3 minutes until they softened a bit.
- Add in ginger, coriander powder, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chili flakes, cinnamon stick and cook for 1 minute until the powdery taste is gone.
- Add in mango, raisins, apple vinegar and sugar. Mix everything and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 1 ½ hour or until the mixture thickens to your desired consistency. Stir now and then to prevent it getting burnt.
- Optional: Mash some of the mango chunks to get that mashed texture or simply leave it as it is.
- Store in airtight containers and once cooled, keep them in the fridge. This chutney is absolutely delicious together with my baked tandoori chicken. Enjoy!
Calories: 1019.2kcal, Carbohydrates: 252.8g, Protein: 8.5g, Fat: 3.2g, Saturated Fat: 0.6g, Sodium: 63.8mg, Potassium: 1866.8mg, Fiber: 17g, Sugar: 175.3g, Calcium: 147.6mg, Iron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @elmundoeats and tag #elmundoeats!
Can this be made with honey instead of granulated sugar? If so, how much honey to use? Thanks!
I haven't tried it but I don't see why not. Try 1/2 cup honey to start with. Hope it helps.