Let’s make our own pizza dough, shall we? It’s not difficult as you might think, you know. Just few basic ingredients required and making your own pizza means you can go crazy with your own topping choices 😀
This pizza dough recipe has been my go-to recipe for many years. I just love its crust. I use it for pizza, calzones, pizza rolls or stromboli, stuffed pizza.. the list is endless. I hope you give it a try.
In this pizza, I use my homemade no-cook pizza sauce that only takes a few minutes to prepare and it tastes delicious. You can check out how I make it here.
Watch how to make pizza dough in the video below:
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 sachet dry yeast (7 gr)
- 3 1/2 cup bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup no-cook pizza sauce
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup shredded pizza cheese mix (mozzarella, cheddar, edam)
- dry oregano
- In a bowl, add in warm water, sugar and dry yeast. Mix all together and set aside for the yeast to get foamy, around 3-5 minutes
- In a mixing bowl, add in flour, salt, olive oil and the yeast mixture. Mix to incorporate everything and then knead for 10 minutes. You can do this by hand also, just knead until the dough is smooth, around 15-20 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a greased container. Coat the dough with some oil to prevent crust from forming. Cover tightly with cling film and let it rise to double in size in a warm and draft free place.
- Divide the dough into 2 and form into disks. Flour your work surface and place 1 disk. Flatten and strech the dough to 28 cm diameter, more or less. Pinch the edge between your fingers to create the typical pizza border.
- Using a pizza peel that has been coated with semolina, slide the pizza base on it. Spoon the no-cook pizza sauce on top. Sprinkle the shredded pizza mix cheese and some dry oregano. Slide the pizza onto the pizza stone that has been preheated in the oven at 200ºC (400ºF). Bake for 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown and pizza is fully cooked.
- Using the pizza peel, slide the pizza on and remove from the oven. Sprinkle some basil on top and serve immediately.