Are you nuts about coconuts? Give this creamy coconut spread with pandan (screwpine) flavour a try. A classic Malaysian coconut spread. It goes great with toasted bread or as fillings for buns, cakes, pastries..whatever that you like.
If you like pandan, I think you will love this pandan roll cake recipe, I filled it with my homemade pandan jam and cream cheese frosting… delicious!
Watch how to make pandan coconut jam in the video below:
Pandan Coconut Jam
- 1 1/3 cup coconut milk plus 2 tbsp more (350 ml)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 gr)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1.5 tbsp all purpose flour (12 gr)
- few drops of pandan essence
- some green food coloring
- Mix flour and water and add into coconut milk. Pour all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until all combined
- Sift mixture into a pot. Using low heat, cook mixture until it thickens and shiny for more or less 20-25 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent the mixture sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Once cooled, store the Srikaya pandan into jar(s). Use as any other type of sweet spread.