Soft peanut butter cookies, covered with peanuts and filled with strawberry jam. This is like PB&J in a cookie. The crunchy peanuts really gives it a nice texture. I use my homemade strawberry jam in this recipe.
Watch how to make peanut butter and jam thumbprint cookies in the video below:
Peanut Butter & Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- ½ cup butter (113 gr), room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (65 gr)
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter (190 gr)
- 1 large egg yolk , room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour (160 gr)
- 1 egg white , room temperature
- 3.5 oz chopped peanuts (150 gr)
- ½ cup strawberry jam (125 ml)
- In a stand mixer bowl, add in butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add in peanut butter and mix until well combined. Add in egg, mix to combine. Add in flour and mix just until combined. Do not overmix to avoid getting dense cookies
- Form 20 balls and place them on baking tray with baking sheet. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to make it easier to handle later.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy. Coat each ball with egg white then peanuts. Place them on baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Gently create a well in the center of each ball with your thumb.
- Pipe in strawberry jam in the well. Bake at 350ºF (175ºC) preheated oven for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked. Cool completely on rack before serving.