Who doesn't love strawberry jam? More in the summer when strawberries are everywhere and looking so good, the right thing to do is make some homemade strawberry jam! Use is with toasts, breads, ice cream toppings, filling for pastries or whatever you desire.
Watch how to make strawberry jam in the video below:
- 2.2 lb strawberries (1 kg)
- 2 1/2 cup granulated sugar (500 gr)
- 0.8 oz fruit pectin (25 gr)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (125 ml or around 2 lemons)
- Wash the strawberries and roughly mash them into small chunks.
- Add the strawberries to a pan on a medium heat. Add the vanilla pod splitted into 2. Add the fruit pectin, sugar and juice of lemon. Mix well.
- Bring to boil, stir frequently and continue cooking until it reaches 220ºF (105°C).
- Retrieve the vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds with the back of a knife and mix them into the jam.
- While the jam is still hot, pour into sterilized jars, cover and seal.