My town is known for its wonderful strawberries. We export our strawberries to all over Spain, and outside of Spain too of course. When I first came to live here, I was so amazed on how you can easily find beautiful plum vibrant red strawberries everywhere with cheap prices.
Well, during the strawberry season, that is.
I’m not a fruit person, it’s difficult to me to like and eat fruits but these strawberries just got me hooked. Sweet and juicy. We started to make our own strawberry jam a few years ago and it has become our yearly event every time strawberries are in season.
Strawberries are yummy but when combined with oats and a bit of buttery butter.. they are great!! That’s how these strawberry oat bars taste like. Greatness 😀
There are a million ways to eat strawberries and this is another delicious way to eat them. These bars are so easy to prepare. One layer of oats, then those red juicy strawberries and more oats on top. Bake in the oven until the strawberries turn jammy like. Delicious!
This recipe actually was given to me by my mother in law. She LOVES fruits and she’s a great baker. She kept telling me that the bars were extremely delicious and once I made them I understood what she was saying. That coming from a person who doesn’t really eat fruits 😀
The way we eat these bars in our house is, we chill them in the fridge first and then slice them up. You can eat them once they’re cooled of course but for me personally, I prefer them chilled.
Do give these a try and let me know if you enjoyed them 🙂
Watch how to make strawberry oat bars in the video below:
Strawberry Oat Bars
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 85 gr unsalted butter , melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 240 gr strawberries , cut into cubes
- 1/2 lemon , squeeze the juice
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- In a bowl, add in oats, brown sugar, salt, ground ginger, flour and melted butter. Mix well until everything is well combined.
- Prepare a 15x15 cm pan, greased and lined with baking sheet. Pour 3/4 of the oats mixture into the pan. Spread evenly and lightly press.
- Place 1/2 of strawberries on top. Sprinkle the corn starch all over and spoon the lemon juice on top. Place the rest of the strawberries. Finish off by sprinkling the rest of the oats mixture on top.
- Bake at 190ºC (375ºF) preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until the oats are golden brown and the strawberries turn jammy. Cool completely before slicing.