Missing your instant pot in the summer? Well miss it not, dear friends.
Today I'm sharing this instant pot BBQ pulled chicken that is super easy (well, all my recipes are easy 😀 ) and takes no time at all.
Let's dig in!
I don't know about you but I struggle a lot with summer cooking. Ask my husband, I whine throughout summer. Haha!
Our kitchen takes the most heat compared to the rest of the house due to its location. Stepping into the kitchen in the summer is like stepping into a hot oven. And yes, we film our videos in the kitchen so that means being hours and hours in the hot oven.
I love cooking but I find myself limited in the summer. Do you feel the same? 🙁
I use my instant pot a lot during colder seasons and not so much in the summer. Because hot chicken soup, spicy chilies, creamy soups and such are not ideal for the summer, right?
BUT but but, this is one of the instant pot recipes that I simply LOVE to make in the summer.
It almost doesn't take any ingredients preparation at all. It cooks in not time and it's something that can be enjoyed in so many ways. And hey, it stretches for several days also 😉
Make Or Break BBQ Sauce
Ok. This is one of those recipes that's super easy with just a few ingredients BUT we have to pay attention to one specific ingredient.
The BBQ sauce.
Please use your favourite or the best BBQ sauce that you have because it will really affect the end results.
We will use lots of it. It's a BBQ chicken recipe after all, right? So using the best BBQ sauce that you can find really makes this BBQ chicken so yummilicious!
I love to use a combination of boneless skinless chicken breasts and thighs. Both types of meat gives different texture and flavour to this recipe.
You can, of course, use all chicken breast if you want. Feel free. No rules.
Try to find the best chicken also, if you can. As for us, we've been in love with CUK chicken that our local ALDI offers. Not a sponsored post, just thought I'd share what we love 🙂
CUK chickens are free-range chickens that are plant-based fed. Here in ALDI they sell the whole chicken, which honestly I prefer. You might think I'm crazy but I just love deboning a whole chicken. I find it so therapeutic. Haha!
Anyway. Use the best that you can find and give this super easy recipe a try!
This instant pot BBQ pulled chicken is:
- perfect easy fast meal for when you don't feel like cooking much but want to eat good 😀
- takes almost no preparation at all. Just throw everything in and that's it
- so versatile, you can personalise it to your taste
- stretches for days and can be used for other meals also
- results in tender juicy chicken that's just absolutely DELICIOUS!
Before You Go
Do check out these recipes also:
- Instant pot chicken congee
- Honey sriracha chicken
- Thai steamed fish with lime and garlic
- Ginger steamed fish
- Chicken and shrimp dumplings
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (270 g)
- 1 tbsp sriracha
Prep The Chicken
- Put chicken into a bowl together with the spices. Mix and coat the chicken well. Set aside.
Cooking With Instant Pot
- Add water into the liner followed by the chicken. Then add in BBQ sauce and sriracha. DON'T STIR.
- Place and lock in the lid. Make sure the steam release valve is at "sealing". Cook on High Pressure with 10 minutes cooking time. Once cooked, leave for Natural Release of 10 minutes. Slide the steam release to "venting", unlock and remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken into a bowl. Shred using 2 forks. Add the sauce in according to your taste. Want it juicer, add more. Want it drier, add less. Mix everything well.
Cooking On Stove Top
- Put all ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil and simmer (covered with a lid) until the chicken is super tender. You will need to add more water, adjust accordingly.
How To Serve
- Enjoy this delicious BBQ pulled chicken as sandwiches, with burgers, with rice, with nachos. Your choice.