Come and try this super easy chocolate banana bread!
And yes, it also has chocolate chips in it.
Moist and soft with double chocolate power, this is one banana bread that you don't want to miss out.
Let's get straight to it, shall we?
Disclosure: some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will get a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Everything I mention in this post is what I personally use and recommend.
What Bananas To Use
The bananas that we use in baking are different from the ones that we would normally eat daily. For baking we will want those ripe banana that have dark spots on them.
Yes, the ugly looking ones that you just feel you want to throw away. So whenever you have any ripe ugly bananas, come and make this recipe.
Or my other baked goods using these type of ripe bananas. Interested?
- Click here to see my Banana and chocolate chip muffins (seriously you must try these)
- Click here to see my Classic banana bread
Or simply head out to my recipe page, there are more!
Ripe bananas like these are amazing for baking because they're sweeter, easier to mash and incorporate in the batter. Some people like to mash their bananas into fine puree but me personally, I like to see some chunks of banana in my banana bread.
So it's your choice, up to you.
Chocolate On Chocolate
So for this recipe I'm using cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
Who doesn't like chocolate, right? More when it's chocolate on chocolate. There can never be too much chocolate in a recipe.
Usually I like to use semi sweet chocolate in my bakings but for this particular recipe I want the chocolate to be significantly visible on top of this delicious bread so I'm using chocolate chips.
Chocolate chips retain their shape better.
Taste Better The Next Day
Like any other baked banana goods, this lovely chocolate banana bread is even lovelier the next day.
So if you can control yourself, serve it on the next day.
Once it has completely cooled after baking, wrap it tightly with cling film. I always leave it on the kitchen counter, no need to place it in the fridge.
So do give this super easy chocolate banana bread a try. You will not regret it.
Watch how to make this chocolate banana bread in the video below:
Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (195 gr)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (60 gr)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut (40 gr)
- 4 ripe bananas (14 oz or 400 gr)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (125 gr)
- 1/3 cup Sunflower oil (80 ml)
- 2 eggs , room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (150 gr)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (135 gr), for batter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (45 gr), for topping
- Sift all of the dry ingredients (except desiccated coconut) into a bowl. Then add in the coconut, mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, add in all of the wet ingredients and whisk to combine. Pour it into dry ingredients and fold everything until fully combined.
- Add in chocolate chips for the batter and fold to combine. Pour the batter in a buttered and floured 5x9 inch (13x23 cm) loaf pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the rest of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350ºF (175ºC) for 60 minutes or until fully cooked. Cover loosely with aluminium foil if the bread browns too fast. Cool completely on a rack before slicing. Enjoy!