Fast and yummy appetizer! Pinwheels of honey mustard, ham (I used turkey), cheese, parmesan and chives. Beautiful and delicious. Perfect for the holidays or any occasion.
Watch how to make ham and cheese pinwheels in the video below:
Ham & Cheese Pinwheels
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 puff pastry sheet (12x12 inch or 30x30 cm)
- 6 slices turkey ham (150 gr), more or less
- 9 slices Harvati cheese (240 gr), more or less
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (30 gr)
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- In a bowl, add in mustard, dried dill and honey. Stir everything together and set aside.
- Lay flat your puff pastry sheet. Pour previously prepared honey mustard sauce on top of it and spread evenly on its surface.
- Arrange pieces of ham on top followed by the cheese, covering the surface. Then sprinkle grated parmesan and 2 tbsp chopped chives all over.
- Roll tightly into a log and place the log in the freezer for 30 minutes so that it hardens a bit. This is going to make it easier to slice it later.
- After 30 minutes, slice the log into 1 inch (2.5 cm) thickness, more or less. Arrange them on a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375ºF (190ºC) for 15 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked. Once cooked, remove the tray from the oven. Immediately sprinkle 1 tbsp chopped chives on top. Leave for 5 minutes to cool a bit to handle and then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Enjoy!