My version of a healthier and delicious Orange Chicken, no deep frying needed and they taste amazing. Easy to make in the convenience of your own home. Prepare some rice and you’re set for a wonderful lunch or dinner.
Watch how to make this healthier orange chicken in the video below:
Healthier Orange Chicken
- 600 gr chicken thighs , boneless and skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 thumb size ginger , minced
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp water
Preparing the chicken
- In a bowl, add the chicken thighs, egg white, corn flour, white pepper, salt and mix well to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Let's get cooking
- Heat some olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Brown the chicken, you might need to do this in batches. Remove and set aside.
- Add a bit more oil to the pan. Add in ginger, garlic and cook until they're golden brown. Add in the chicken, orange juice, chili flakes, chicken bouillon powder, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, honey, orange zest and stir everything together.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce reduces in half. Mix corn starch with water and add in the mixture. Stir immediately and cook until the sauce thickens. Ready to serve.