One of Malaysian traditional cookies with a milky twist that enhances the flavour. The cashew halves on top gives them an additional nice texture. These are so addictive! Do try.
If you like to know more about Malaysian cookies, consider checking out my post with 8 Malaysian cookies you should try.
More Malaysian Cookies
Or browse my website for other delicious cookie recipes.
Milky Cashew Nut Cookies
One of Malaysian traditional cookies with a milky twist that enhances the flavour. The cashew halves on top gives them an additional nice texture. These are so addictive! Do try.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 100 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (225 gr), room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar , plus 2 tablespoon more (140 gr)
- ¼ cup powdered milk (30 gr)
- 1 large egg yolk , room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 oz roasted unsalted cashew nuts (140 gr), blended into powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour (380 gr)
- In a bowl, add in butter, icing sugar and mix just until well combined. Add in powdered milk and mix. Add in egg yolk and mix again, just until combined.
- Add in vanilla extract, baking powder, blended cashew and mix just until well combined. Add in the flour, ⅓ at a time, mixing to combine each time. Switch to spatula when the dough is heavy for the mixer. Form into a ball and cover with cling film to prevent it getting dry.
- Roll out ⅓ of dough at a time to a more or less 1 cm thickness, in between cling film. Since the dough is a bit sticky using the cling film will make it easier to roll.
- Dip a cookie cutter in the flour and cut out the dough. Place them on a baking tray with baking sheet. Gently brush the top with egg yolk. Place cashew halves on top, pressing a bit into the dough. Bake at 150ºC (300ºF) preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked. Cool completely on a rack.
Calories: 47.1kcal, Carbohydrates: 4.9g, Protein: 0.8g, Fat: 2.8g, Saturated Fat: 1.4g, Cholesterol: 7.3mg, Sodium: 6.2mg, Potassium: 17.6mg, Fiber: 0.1g, Sugar: 1.5g, Calcium: 7.5mg, Iron: 0.3mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @elmundoeats and tag #elmundoeats!
Thabks for sharing this recipe, love it just bake it turns out great my whole house smells sooo nice. And the cookies are the hits
Oh that's awesome, Ludwina! Thanks for your feedback, do check around here for more cookie recipes!
Just try your pineapple tart it turns out sooooo goodd too but I change the filling with durian paste love it tried many recipe, your's the best, thanks Bea.
I love your cookie cutter. Can you suggest where you buy it?
Thanks Kannika! My family sent it to me, from Malaysia. I tried to find something similar for you in Amazon but there was nothing. Sorry!
adeline lee says
The cashew nut for topping is it raw/not roasted.
I use toasted ones, hope it helps 🙂
does this have a melting effect?
Love it Bea. Your tart nenas is delicious and I am sure this cookies will be too. Thank you so much!
Thank you Janet! These cookies are easier than tart nenas and they are both yummy 😉