Come come come!
Come and make these super easy (I know I say that a lot with my recipes but hey, they ARE really super easy 😉 ) key lime pie shots. They are just perfect for this hot summer!
Who Invented Key Lime Pie?
Believe it or not (disclaimer: I myself don’t know if this is true 😀 , I got it from wiki), key lime pie is said to have been invented by sponge fishermen in West Key, Florida.
Ok, so due to the nature of their job, the fishermen spent many days in their boats without going to the mainland. They packed with them some basic foods that wouldn’t spoil easily such as condensed milk, limes and eggs.
And of course they didn’t have oven on their boats so that’s why the pie is a no-bake pie.
Fascinating, isn’t it? 😀
My Version of Key Lime Pie
I have made key lime pie before, did you know that?
So for today’s recipe I thought I’d switch it up a bit 😉
You guys like cream cheese, right? Well who doesn’t?
I thought for these key lime pie shots I’d throw in some cream cheese for the filling and guess what?
It’s so darn delicious!
The condensed milk already gives the filling a smooth texture and with the cream cheese, it’s smooth and creamy. Oh la la!
I’m using digestive biscuits for the base, like always (almost).
If you can’t find any at your place, just use your favourite biscuits or cookies. No rules at all.
Give this recipe a try. I promise you will love it!
These key lime pie shots are:
- in small containers, making them easier to serve at parties and gatherings
- super easy to make, seriously
- no-bake and eggless dessert
- so perfect for summer desserts
- super AMAZING!
Before You Go
Perhaps you’d like these also:
- Easy chocolate mousse
- Dairy free mango coconut popsicles
- Tapioca pearls with sweet coconut
- Quick mango mousse
- Lemon honey parfait
Watch how to make key lime pie shots in the video below:
Key Lime Pie Shots
- 7 oz cream cheese (200 g)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk (400 g)
- 1/2 cup lime juice (125 ml)
- 1 lime zest
- 3 oz biscuits (85 g)
- some sweetened whipped cream
- some lime slices
- Add cream cheese into a bowl and whisk until fluffy using a hand held whisk. Then add in lime zest, condensed milk and lime juice.
- Whisk until smooth, set aside.
- Place biscuits in a ziplock bag and crush into a fine crumbs using a rolling pin.
- Spoon some crumbs into a 1/2 cup glass (125 ml) followed by some filling. Repeat so that you have another layer of crumbs and filling. Do the same with the rest of the glasses.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours. Right before serving, pipe some whipped cream on top and sprinkle with some crushed biscuits. Finally tuck in a slice of lime on the side.
How To Store
- These shots are best consumed within a day ot two. The crumbs will absorb the humidity from the filling so don't keep them that long. Unless you don't mind that.
- Keep them in the fridge at all time until right before serving.