Who doesn't like mango, right?
And who doesn't like mango lassi, or better yet.. mini mango lassi cheesecakes!
Yes, we are going there today. We're converting our mango lassi into cheesecakes 😉
Today is the day when we bring our mango lassi game up a notch.
Disclosure: some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will get a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Everything I mention in this post is what I personally use and recommend.
Though I feel it doesn't need any introduction, I will humour myself by doing it anyway.
Lassi is a famous yogurt drink that was originated in India. And believe it or not, lassi can either be sweet or salty. Yep.
Mango lassi is a sweet lassi (of course) and is prepared by blending yogurt, mango, milk and can either be with or without sugar.
I guess it depends more on how sweet the mango is.
And hey, did you know that our no-bake mango cheesecake was the first cheesecake recipe in our channel and website? And it's been watched more than 1.5 million times in Youtube?
These mini cheesecakes are not baked, so yes, they're easier to make.
Also this recipe is a bit different from all of my no-bake cheesecake recipes.
I call it speedy cheesecakes. Why?
Because you don't need to chill it overnight. Just put them in the freezer for 3 hours and they're ready!
No Gelatin Or Agar-Agar
These are also speedy ones in a sense that you don't need to bother preparing gelatin or agar-agar.
They hold up great and with such creamy texture.
You should really try! Let me know what you think 🙂
These mini mango lassi cheesecakes are:
- simply perfect for this hot weather
- no-bake cheesecakes, meaning they're easier to make
- have no gelatin or agar-agar in them
- don't need to be chilled overnight
- if you've tried my no-bake cheesecake then you'll know these will be DELICIOUS!
Before You Go
Do check these recipes also:
- Dairy free mango coconut popsicles
- Quick mango mousse
- Sweet and spicy mango chutney
- Tropical mango muffins
- Mango sticky rice
Watch how to make mini mango lassi cheesecakes in the video below:
Mini Mango Lassi Cheesecakes (No-Bake)
- 6.7 oz digestive biscuits (190 g)
- 1/3 cup butter (80 g), melted
- 10.5 oz full fat cream cheese (300 g), room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened natural Greek yogurt (250 g), room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (60 g), sifted
- 1 cup mango puree (250 g)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup whipping cream min 35% fat (125 ml), chilled
- more mango puree , for topping
- some cubed mango , for topping
- Prepare 15 muffin liners in two muffin pans. Set aside.
- Place biscuits in a ziplock bag and using a rolling pin, bash them until you get fine crumbs.
- Place in a bowl together with butter and mix well.
- Divide evenly into 15 muffin liners and using the back of a spoon, press to compact. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Peel a mango, take out the meat and place in a blender like this. Add in lime juice and blend until smooth.
- Separate 1 cup aside for the filling.
- Note: depending on the size of the mango, you might need more than 1 mango since we also want to have more puree and cubed mango for the topping.
- Place cream cheese in a bowl and using a hand held mixer, whisk until fluffy. Then add in powdered sugar and yogurt. Mix everything well.
- Now add in mango puree and mix. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add in whipping cream and whisk until stiff peaks. Then add in into cream cheese mango mixture. Gently fold everything to combine.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill all the muffin cups. Shake the muffin pan to help the filling settle in. Use an offset spatula to smooth out the top.
- Place in the freezer (not fridge) for 3 hours or until they are firm.
How To Serve
- Remove the muffin liners and transfer to a serving plate.
- Spoon some mango puree on top followed by cubed mango and some mint.
- I like to wait around 10 minutes before serving them so that the texture is super creamy (not so frozen). This time will change depending on how cold your freezer is and the ambient temperature.
- Note: since this cheesecakes are creamy and have no gelatin/agar-agar so don't leave them out at room temperature for long.