If you have tried my no-bake mango cheesecake, you know you wouldn’t want to miss my no-bake lemon cheesecake. Creamy texture with that tangy lemon taste. Not overwhelming at all, don’t you worry.
This no-bake lemon cheesecake was requested from one of my lovely viewers. If you haven’t noticed, I love to get recipe requests from you guys and make videos out of them. I feel it connects us more. What better way than to exchange food recipes and ideas, right?
Disclosure: some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will get a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Everything I mention in this post is what I personally use and recommend.
Like any of my other no-bake cheesecake recipes, I’m using digestive biscuits for the base. I don’t add more sugar into the crumbs as I feel it’s sweet enough. I love digestive biscuits because they have this touch of saltiness that brings the whole taste together in a wonderful way.
For the cheesecake, since I know I want the lemon taste to shine through so I’m using quite a lot of lemon juice. To make it easier, instead of sifting icing sugar… I’m using condensed milk. Why not, right?
It helps in contributing to that creamy texture also. Win and win. You can reduce the amount of condensed milk to your liking but I promise you, it’s not overly sweet or anything.
And ohhh.. I’m also using my homemade lemon curd as the topping for this lemon cheesecake. A bit goes a long way. The combination is just so wonderful, they compliment each other. At least thats how I feel 😀
Watch how to make this no-bake lemon cheesecake in the video below:
No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- 5.3 oz digestive biscuits (150 gr)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (60 gr), melted
- 14 oz full fat cream cheese (400 gr), room temperature
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (80 ml)
- 14 oz condensed milk (400 gr)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp powder gelatin (4 gr), or any type and amount of gelatin that will set 200 ml
- 1/2 cup lemon curd (145 gr), do check out my recipe
- some whipped cream
- Put the digestive biscuits in a bag and crush them into fine crumbs using a rolling pin. Pour into a bowl and add in meted butter. Mix everything together until the mixture becomes wet-sand like.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 inch (20 cm) springform pan and spread evenly. Using the bottom of a glass, press and compact the mixture tightly and evenly to the base of the pan. Place the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, add in cream cheese and whisk for a few minutes until fluffy.
- Add in lemon zest, lemon juice and condensed milk. Mix everything until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add in water and sprinkle the gelatin powder. Leave for 5 minutes to soak. After 5 minutes, heat in microwave until the gelatin is fully dissolved. Use max power with 15 seconds intervals, mixing after each intervals.
- Add around 2 tbsp ( 1 tbsp at a time) of previously prepared cream cheese mixture into the gelatin mixture, stir to mix well. Then add the gelatin mixture into the cream cheese mixture and immediately mix everything together to combine.
- Pour into previously prepared base and spread evenly. Give it a few wiggles to settle everything in. Chill in the fridge until it fully sets, minimum overnight.
- After the cheesecake is fully set, run a knife or an offset spatula all around it. Carefully remove the springform. Run an offset spatula all around the cheesecake to get that smooth finish.
- Pour lemon curd on top of the cheesecake and spread evenly. Finish off with some whipped cream on top. Enjoy!