If you're looking for a fresher healthier summer treat then you've clicked on the right post 😉
Today I thought I'd share these blueberry crumb bars that are not only super delicious but crazy simple to prepare.
Let's dance away to the kitchen, shall we?
Guilt Free Treats
You might think the title might be too bold but hey, I stand with it. And of course, let's throw in the common sense of everything good comes in moderation 😉
Ok, let's break things down a bit. What's up with this recipe?
Well it's white flour free.
It's white sugar free.
It takes seconds to prepare (ok yeah that is pushing it but you know what I mean 😉 )
And the bars are darn delicious!
Wonderful Light Summer Taste
These bars are with crust and crumbs that are not overly sweet. Using the combination of rolled oats, oat flour and desiccated coconut really packs nutrition value and they full you more.
If you're concern on how to get oat flour or because it's on the expensive side, then concern no more 🙂
Simply put your rolled oats in a food processor and blend until super fine texture. Almost like white flour texture.
You can read a bit more on the measurement in cup and grams in my post when I made those delicious soft fluffy blueberry oatmeal muffins.
Blueberries are so easy to find in the summer, which makes it even the perfect time to make these beauties.
The filling is just pure fresh blueberries with some coconut sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch.
The crust and crumbs really blends amazingly with the fruity flavour of the filling.
Give this a try, alright?
And hey, if you enjoy the recipes in our website and Youtube, do support and help us out by sharing them with your family and friends.
Do rate our recipes if you've made them by selecting the stars in the comment section below. Thank you!
These blueberry coconut lemon oatmeal bars are:
- white flour free
- white sugar free
- takes only a few minutes to prepare, yes seriously
- DELICIOUS & GUILT FREE!!
Before You Go
Do check out these awesome recipes also:
Watch how to make blueberry crumb bars in the video below:
Blueberry Crumb Bars
- 1 cup rolled oats (90 g)
- 1 cup oat flour (130 g)
- 2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut (160 g)
- ½ cup honey (170 g)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (80 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cup fresh blueberries (300 g)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (50 g)
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix everything well using a wooden spoon.
- Pour ⅔ amount into a 8 inch (20 cm) square pan that has been greased and lined. Spread everything and press evenly. Set aside.
- Add everything into a bowl and mix well. Pour into the pan with crust and spread evenly. Sprinkle randomly the balance of crust on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350ºF (175ºC) for 50 minutes or until the blueberries are bubbly on the sides. Cover loosely with aluminium foil if the crumbles brown too fast.
- Slice when it's slightly warm or wait until it cools completely. Enjoy!
- Note: It will break apart if you slice it when it just came out from the oven.
How To Store
- Keep in airtight container at room temperature. Best consumed within 1-2 days or in the fridge up to 5 days.
- To Freeze: Wrap each bar individually with cling film, place in ziploc bag and into the freezer.
- To defrost: Defrost at room temperature.