It's the season of chocolate everybody! Come to chocolate land and let's admire these easy mini chocolate cheesecakes 😉
Yes, they're easy to make. I promise.
Let's dive in, shall we?
Have you tried my easy mini cheesecakes recipe? If you haven't, well you really should.
It's one of our readers' favourite recipe and it has almost 7 million of views in our Youtube channel 😀 . Many of you have messaged us saying that you're selling the mini cheesecakes in your bakeries, schools and even from homes. They sent pictures and we're beyond happy and excited every time we get them.
And.. this is the chocolate version of that recipe!!
I'm beyond excited to share this with you as you know, who doesn't like chocolate and who doesn't like easy peasy dessert. Right?
We all know that baking a cheesecake is a bit of a hassle and seeing cracks on a baked cheesecake makes us want to kill ourselves. Well at least I do 😀
Not that you will have cracks with my previous recipe but I do get a few messages from our readers asking how to prevent cracks on theirs. I've already written tips on that but I wanted to help more.
So with my easy and improved recipe today, you don't need to worry. Here are 2 things that I made better:
Even less mixing - I changed the way of incorporating eggs in this recipe so that you will end up mixing the batter even less, and that my friends, will prevent cracks on your cheesecake.
Lower oven temperature - I've also changed the oven temperature to a much lower one. This also will help prevent cracks.
Do give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Tag me in your instagram photos whenever you make any of my recipes, using @elmundoeats. Also use #elmundoeats. Don't forget to rate the recipes that you've made by selecting the stars in the comment section below.
These mini chocolate cheesecakes are:
- perfect for the holidays!
- easy to make, I promise 🙂 You don't even need to use bain-marie method.
- the chocolate version of our readers' favourite mini cheesecakes
- with improved recipe that will make it even easier for you to make
- I have to be bias here, they are to FREAKING AMAZING AND DELICIOUS!
Hungry For More Cheesecakes?
I've got you covered, check these out:
- No-bake chocolate cheesecake
- No-bake caramel apple cheesecake
- Mini creme brulee cheesecake
- No-bake tiramisu cheesecake
- No-bake peanut butter chocolate cheesecake
Watch how to make mini chocolate cheesecakes here:
Easy Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
- 7 oz Oreo cookies (200 g)
- 3 tbsp butter (45 g), melted
The Chocolate Cheese Filling
- 10 oz full fat cream cheese (280 g), room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar (65 g)
- 1 cup sour cream (210 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate (110 g)
- 2 large eggs , room temperature
- Blend Oreo cookies in a food processor until you get a fine mixture. Skip this step if you're using already made crumbs. Pour into a bowl together with butter and mix well.
- Line a 12 hole muffin pan and distribute the mixture evenly into every hole. Using the back of a small spoon, press the mixture evenly. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
The Chocolate Cheese Filling
- Chop chocolate and melt in microwave. You can also use double boiler method. Set aside and leave until it has cool slightly before using.
- Add cream cheese into a bowl and using a handheld mixer, whisk on lowest speed just until it gets creamy. Now add in sugar, sour cream, vanilla and salt. Mix everything well.
- Now add in the melted chocolate and mix everything together. Set aside.
- Crack both eggs into another bowl and lightly whisk them. Add the eggs into cheese mixture and fold everything together with a spatula. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven (no fan) at 285ºF (140ºC) for 25 minutes or until when you gently shake the pan, the surrounding of the cheesecakes has set and the center wiggles.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before placing the pan in the fridge for min 8 hours.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan (use a knife or offset spatula to help lift them out). Peel the liners and place the cheesecakes on a serving plate. Drizzle some melted chocolate on top and sprinkle some chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
- Note: please read my tips on how to get it right in my post above.