Tiramisu is really a timeless (or it is season-less?) dessert, don't you think? On that note and with the holidays coming, everything about us having to adapt, appreciate and celebrate with smaller clans, here is a recipe that I really think would be useful. A tiramisu for two, it's eggless and the small batch helps us avoid food waste.
Sounds good to you? Ok, let's go!
Taste and texture - layers of luscious mascarpone cream with soft coffee soaked lady fingers and a generous dust of cocoa powder.
Servings - 2 people. Simply double or triple the recipe for more.
Level - extremely easy like you wouldn't believe.
Diet - eggless and without alcohol, youngsters friendly.
Method - no-bake, 10 minutes of preparations.
Occasion - For any type of celebration or whenever you're feeling fancy without even trying.
Lets Talk Ingredients
Mascarpone - Full fat. Make it a tad lighter by substituting with full fat cream cheese. You'll miss that velvety rich slightly sweet mascarpone taste, but it works.
Coffee - Instant or freshly brewed coffee works great. Make sure it's a strong one.
Whipping cream - min 35% fat, regardless of what it's called at your place.
Cocoa powder - I use unsweetened but you can use whatever that you fancy.
Make In Advance
Although this recipe literally takes 10 minutes maximum to whip up and serve, I do understand that if you're planning to make it for the holidays, chances are you'd be having another 100 tasks in your list and you don't even have 10 minutes.
Just make these 1 or 2 days earlier and keep them chilled in the fridge. Right before serving, simply dust the top with cocoa powder.
Or, like I mentioned earlier. Make the whole recipe right before serving, 10 minutes top. Or 1-2 hours earlier. Whenever you can squeeze in those precious 10 minutes.
Chilled tiramisu has a firmer texture than on-that-moment tiramisu, just letting you know. Your choice.
More No-Bake Desserts
- Speculoos cheesecake shots
- Irish cream cheesecake
- Chocolate biscuit bars
- Caramel apple cheesecake
- Chocolate cheesecake
10Minute Tiramisu For Two (Eggless)
- 4 oz full fat mascarpone cheese (110 g)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar (25 g)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup whipping cream, min 35% fat (125 ml), chilled
- ½ cup water (125 ml)
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- cocoa powder
- ladyfinger biscuits
- Add mascarpone cheese and sugar into a bowl. Whisk until fluffy using a handheld whisk. Now add in vanilla extract and whipping cream. Continue whisking until you get a thick stiff cream. Don't over mix to avoid splitting. Set aside.
- Mix water, coffee and sugar in a wide flat container until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Soak ladyfingers in the coffee for a few seconds and arrange at the bottom of 2 glasses of 1 cup (250 ml). Dust with cocoa powder. Spoon and divide half of mascarpone mixture into the glasses. Repeat with more ladyfingers and the rest of the cream.
- Serve directly. Optional - chill in the fridge for 1- 2 hours for a firmer texture. Dust the top with cocoa powder right before serving.