Fast and yummy appetizer! Pinwheels of honey mustard, ham (I used turkey), cheese, parmesan and chives. Beautiful and delicious. Perfect for the holidays or any occasion.
Ham & Cheese Pinwheels
- 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 puff pastry sheet (12x12 inch or 30x30 cm)
- 6 slices turkey ham (150 gr), more or less
- 9 slices Harvati cheese (240 gr), more or less
- ½ cup grated parmesan (30 gr)
- 2 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- In a bowl, add in mustard, dried dill and honey. Stir everything together and set aside.
- Lay flat your puff pastry sheet. Pour previously prepared honey mustard sauce on top of it and spread evenly on its surface.
- Arrange pieces of ham on top followed by the cheese, covering the surface. Then sprinkle grated parmesan and 2 tablespoon chopped chives all over.
- Roll tightly into a log and place the log in the freezer for 30 minutes so that it hardens a bit. This is going to make it easier to slice it later.
- After 30 minutes, slice the log into 1 inch (2.5 cm) thickness, more or less. Arrange them on a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375ºF (190ºC) for 15 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked. Once cooked, remove the tray from the oven. Immediately sprinkle 1 tablespoon chopped chives on top. Leave for 5 minutes to cool a bit to handle and then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Enjoy!