It’s been a while since I last shared a healthy(er) or healthified recipe here. So today I’m back with these yum healthier strawberry cheesecake shots, just for you!
They are super easy to make, just watch the video below to see how ridiculously easy it is to make them. And they are yum! I mean, come on, wouldn’t you want a luscious spoon of that?
Let’s get started!
Due to what’s going on right now, I have to admit I’m not able to develop and test the healthy(er) recipes as much as I would like to. Ingredients are not that easy to get, everybody knows that.
Having said that, it doesn’t mean that I totally forgot about them. I love making healthy treats! I love it even more when I get to know that you guys are enjoying them. Hopefully bit by bit as the situation gets better, I will be able to do more.
So, as we all know, healthy is extremely subjective depending on each individual. For Marco and I, healthy means trying our best to use the least processed food as much as we can and swap the ingredients to the ones with better health benefits, whenever the situation permits.
For this recipe, I’m using honey as the sweetener instead of sugar. But look, if you only have sugar on hand right now, by all means just use it. We make do with what we have, no worries.
I’m also using instant oats and pecans for the base, instead of cookies or biscuits. You can use whatever nuts you have at home, no problem at all.
I’m using fresh strawberries for this recipe. Mine were not that sweet. But if yours are super sweet then reduce the amount of honey, alright?
Talking about strawberries, I remember the ones that we had in Germany. They didn’t look much but they were extremely delicious and sweet! No doubt with those they wouldn’t need any sweetener at all.
I haven’t tried with frozen strawberries though, if you’re wondering. I don’t have any to test, unfortunately. But I’m guessing the frozen ones would also work in this. Let me know how it goes if you tried it with frozen strawberries.
So I hope you give this super healthier dessert a try. It’s super easy and so versatile.
Hungry For More Healthy Treats?
Check these out:
- Oats banana muffins
- Zucchini brownies
- No-bake chocolate peanut butter bars
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate cupcakes
Watch how to make these healthier strawberry cheesecake shots here:
Healthier Strawberry Cheesecake Shots
- 1/2 cup instant oats (45 g)
- 1/4 cup pecans (25 g)
- 1 tbsp honey (20 g)
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese (230 g), room temperature
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (150 g)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream min 35% fat (60 ml), chilled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey (80 g)
- Add instant oats and pecan into a blender jar and blend into semi-coarse texture. Pour into a bowl and add in honey. Mix everything well.
- Add 2-3 tsp into 4 shot glasses. You might have some balance, depending the size of your glass. Set aside.
- Add strawberries, lemon juice and honey into a blender jar and blend into a smooth mixture. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add in cream cheese and whisk until fluffy. Now pour in the strawberry mixture and continue mixing until everything is well combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add in whipping cream and whisk to stiff peaks. Add whipped cream into cheesecake mixture and gently fold everything together using a spatula until well combined.
- Spoon into the shot glasses and chill in the fridge for minimum 4 hours or until they firmed a bit. They won't be as firm as a sliced cheesecake that you serve on a plate though. Decorate as desire and enjoy!