Who doesn't love a fast and easy cake? A delicious fast and easy cake.
Well here I'm sharing with you my go-to cranberry and clementine cake that I've been making for my family and friends for years. They love the super moist, fluffy and soft texture of it. It's my go-to cake whenever I want to prepare something fast to serve my guests.
Disclosure: some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will get a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Everything I mention in this post is what I personally use and recommend.
The best thing about this cake is, you will only need a single serving yogurt container to measure the main ingredients. If you haven't watched my lemon yogurt cake, then I really think you should 😀 . It uses the same method.
For this recipe I'm using a yogurt container of 125 gr, which equals to a ½ measuring cup. I've used a yogurt container of 150 gr and it worked with no problem as well. So using that yogurt container, we will measure our flour, oil and sugar. Isn't it great?
Yes it is a super easy cake. Only one thing that I would like to remind is that you need to whisk the eggs and sugar really good. Until the mixture turns pale. This will make the cake fluffy and soft. So don't just whisk them to combine, go one step more.
Sift the dry ingredients. This doesn't take long at all, so yea.. sift them. You would also want to coat your cranberries or raisins etc with some flour. This will ensure them not falling to the bottom of the cake when baking.
If you don't like cranberries, you can change it to raisins, dried cherries, chopped nuts. Go crazy. And this is the only time in this recipe that I'm using a measuring cup. Not bad at all. Ahh.. I do like to recommend using dried fruits though, so that they don't change the texture of the batter and eventually the baked cake.
I baked this cake using my 10 inch (25 cm) bundt pan. Make sure to butter and flour your pan well before using. It's going to make it easier to remove the cake later.
When the cake is baking, your house will be filled with heavenly smell! Trust me. And though when you remove the cake from the oven you get tempted to slice it, don't. Patience is a virtue 😀 . Leave the cake to cool a bit, around 5 minutes. Then flip it on a rack to cool completely.
Serve it with some sprinkles of icing sugar. You will love it! Enjoy!
Before you go
If you’re falling in love with this cranberry clementine pound cake, maybe I could entice you to some of my other cakes?
- Fruitcake (a family recipe, perfect for the holidays)
- Clementine loaf cake
- Scandinavian almond cake
- Hazelnut cake
- Super easy lemon yogurt cake
Watch how to make this cranberry clementine pound cake in the video below:
Cranberry Clementine Pound Cake
- 3 yogurt container all purpose flour
- 3 ½ tsp baking powder (16 gr)
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries (60 gr)
- 2 yogurt container granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs , room temperature
- 2 clementines, the zest
- 1 yogurt container Sunflower oil
- 1 yogurt container unsweetened plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- some icing sugar , to decorate the top (optional)
- In a bowl, sift flour and baking powder. Add in 1 tbsp sifted flour into a bowl containing dried cranberries and coat them well. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add in sugar and eggs. Whisk until the mixture is pale in color. Add in clementine zest, sunflower oil, vanilla extract, plain yogurt and mix until well combined.
- Add in previously sifted flour mixture and mix just until everything to combine. Then add in dried cranberries and fold in to combine. Do not overmix to avoid hard, dense cake. Pour cake batter into a 10 inch (25 cm) bundt pan that has previously been greased and floured. Spread the batter evenly.
- Bake at 180ºC (350ºF) preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and fully cooked. Remove from the oven and leave for 5 minutes before taking it out from the pan. Leave to cool completely on a rack before slicing. Dust with icing sugar if you want, slice and enjoy!