It’s been a while since my last recipe! Today I’m sharing with you these oh super easy peanut butter cookies. Trust me, you will want to make them.
They are soft, chewy and with super peanut butter flavour. I mean, who wouldn’t want that, right?
Let’s get started!
Super Peanut Butter Flavour
This is a classic recipe inspired by none other than Betty Crocker . I believe this recipe is from one of her cookbooks that was published in 1980. These peanut butter cookies have been a favourite in so many homes for so many years. So you can already imagine how delicious they are.
But I tweaked the recipe a bit though.
I was reading the comments that though the cookies were super amazing, they were lacking a tiny bit of peanut butter flavour. So I thought ok let’s try to add more then. And I ended up adding 4 times more! Haha! And I simply love the super peanut butter flavour in them. Absolutely amazing!
And also, I’m using some vanilla extract and just all butter, no shortening, just to make the ingredients easier in these uncertain times.
The recipe really calls for some basic ingredients that I would believe we all have at home. So give it a try! It’s nice to have some freshly baked cookies to brighten up our day, right?
I haven’t really get the chance to ask all of you, how are you doing? Staying safe at home with your family, room mates or friends? Are you still working? Or working from home?
As for us, we’ve never had a day rest yet since.. hmm February? We moved house in the middle of lockdown, which was half month earlier than planned. Stayed with my in-laws for a month and only few days ago we finally get to really settle in our new house. Will share more details in my next Spice Of Life post.
We’re trying to take things slow, thus no new recipe last week. But above all, we’re grateful that we’re staying safe at home. And beyond thankful and amazed at all the heroes in the front line, without them we cannot be where we are now.
Hopefully you’re with your loved ones, keeping them safe, taking everything in a positive way (it’s difficult, I know). Sending love and warm thoughts to you and yours!
These peanut butter cookies are:
- easy to make!
- only require a few basic ingredients
- packed with peanut butter flavour!
- will surely brighten your day, trust me
- simply YUMMY! Try!
Hungry For More?
Check these out:
- Peanut butter chocolate cookies
- Healthy no-bake peanut butter chocolate bars
- Peanut butter and jam thumbprint cookies
- Healthy banana peanut butter chocolate muffins
- No-bake peanut butter chocolate cheesecake
Watch how to make peanut butter cookies here:
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour (160 g)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (250 g)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (110 g), softened
- 1/2 cup sugar (100 g)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (80 g)
- 1 large egg , room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Add peanut butter, butter and both sugars into another bowl. Using a handheld whisk, mix until well combined. Then add in egg and vanilla, continue mixing.
- Finally add in dry ingredients and mix everything together, do not over mix. Cover the bowl and chill in the fridge for 2 hours (or until firm).
- Using a 1 1/2 tbsp ice cream scoop, scoop the dough and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Make sure they have some 3 inches (7 cm) distance between them. Press the dough slightly. Dip a fork into some sugar and press it on the dough, making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350ºF (175ºC), upper and lower heat, in middle rack, for 11 minutes or until you see the bottom edges turn slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave for 5 minutes before transferring them to a rack. Cool completely. Enjoy!
What Peanut Butter To Use
- Use creamy peanut butter, not the natural one (the one where the oil separates).