An old family recipe passed down from generations from my husband’s side. Creamy pesto using walnuts and a unique addition of anchovy really separates this pesto from the rest. Spread it on toasts or use it with pasta, chicken..the combo is endless. Do try.
Walnut Basil Pesto
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp coarse salt
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 0.4 oz parsley (10 gr)
- 1.5 oz basil (40 gr)
- ½ cup walnuts (40 gr)
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese (60 gr), grated
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (125 ml)
- You're going to do the same thing, which is pounding and grinding the ingredients together in a pestle mortar, into a paste. Here is how I like to do the sequence of the ingredients.
- The garlic cloves and salt.
- The anchovies.
- The parsley.
- The basil. I like to add the basil in batches to make it easier.
- The walnuts.
- Parmesan. This also, I like to add in batches to make it easier.
- The extra virgin olive oil. I add this bit by bit, it's easier to mix.
- You can, of course, put everything in a food processor and blend away.