If you're looking for a summer special occasion delight, then you've came to the right place. Or should we say post?
These soft moist Raffaello coconut almond cupcakes are all that you need.
You shall see.
White Summer Cupcakes
Have you tried Raffaello confections? They are delicious, aren't they?
Well these cupcakes are inspired by them. The amazing coconut and almond flavours in the cupcakes and the creamy white frosting to match them with.
I'm telling you, you'll be singing oh la la and dancing on some strangers' summer beach wedding and you won't even care.
Why the name white though?
Because all the ingredients for these cupcakes are either white or almost white.
Instead of using whole eggs, you will only use egg whites. Instead of using vanilla extract, you can use almond extract which is transparent in color.
In this case I'm using desiccated coconut and blanched almond meal to keep up with the theme.
Dreamy White Frosting
You can use your favourite white frosting, no problem at all. For today I'm using my dreamy white buttercream frosting.
I almost never make buttercream but I thought these elegant looking beauties deserve a special treat. And buttercream delivers that look.
And who are we kidding, right? Everybody will surely have a go at tasting some buttercream. Even if it's just a lick on the finger. Haha!
Well the same like the cupcakes, you can use any transparent extract of your choice. Today I'm using coconut extract that really gives a wonderful coconut flavour to the frosting.
Well there you go. Give this recipe a try!
Talking about, if you're enjoying my recipes and have made any, show us some love and support by rating the recipes. Choose the stars and leave your comment below. Thanks!
These Raffaello coconut almond cupcakes are:
- inspired by Raffaello confections
- taste exactly like the confections but in cupcake form
- soft and moist cupcakes with dreamy white frosting
- so easy to make, seriously
- super DELICIOUS and perfect for special occasions
Before You Go
Do check out these recipes also:
- Quick double chocolate muffins
- Lemon muffins
- Banana and chocolate chip muffins
- Salted oat meals chocolate chunk cookies
Raffaello Coconut Almond Cupcakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour (130 g)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut (40 g)
- ½ cup blanched almond meal (50 g)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter (75 g), room temperature
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 2 egg whites , room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream (125 g), room temperature
- ½ cup milk (125 ml), room temperature
- enough white frosting , of your choice
- 12 Raffaello confections
- some desiccated coconut , to sprinkle on top
- Add all of flour mixture ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar into another bowl and whisk until pale and fluffy, around 5 minutes. Then add in egg whites and whisk everything well. Now add in sour cream, milk and whisk again to combine everything.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 additions, making sure to mix well after each addition. Don't over mix.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 holes muffin pan with liners. Bake in a preheated oven at 350ºF (175ºC) for 18 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a rack before frosting them.
- Use your favourite white frosting. Pipe on top of cooled cupcakes and sprinkle some desiccated coconut. Finish off with one Raffaello confection each on top. Serve and enjoy!
- Note: For these cupcakes, I piped the frosting using this nozzle shape (similar brand). I absolutely love it!