One of Malaysian traditional cookies with a milky twist that enhances the flavour. The cashew halves on top gives them an additional nice texture. These are so addictive! Do try.
If you like these cookies, you should also check:
Or browse my website for other delicious cookie recipes.
Watch how to make milky cashew nut cookies in the video below:
Milky Cashew Nut Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (225 gr), room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar , plus 2 tbsp more (140 gr)
- ¼ cup powdered milk (30 gr)
- 1 large egg yolk , room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 oz roasted unsalted cashew nuts (140 gr), blended into powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour (380 gr)
- In a bowl, add in butter, icing sugar and mix just until well combined. Add in powdered milk and mix. Add in egg yolk and mix again, just until combined.
- Add in vanilla extract, baking powder, blended cashew and mix just until well combined. Add in the flour, ⅓ at a time, mixing to combine each time. Switch to spatula when the dough is heavy for the mixer. Form into a ball and cover with cling film to prevent it getting dry.
- Roll out ⅓ of dough at a time to a more or less 1 cm thickness, in between cling film. Since the dough is a bit sticky using the cling film will make it easier to roll.
- Dip a cookie cutter in the flour and cut out the dough. Place them on a baking tray with baking sheet. Gently brush the top with egg yolk. Place cashew halves on top, pressing a bit into the dough. Bake at 150ºC (300ºF) preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked. Cool completely on a rack.