Simplest savory shrimp ball fritters, also known as bebola cucur udang in Malaysia. Crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside. Good to serve as appetizers..or whenever your heart desires. Play around with the flavors to suit your likings.
Shrimp Ball Fritters (Bebola Cucur Udang)
- 3 tbsp small shrimps
- 1 cup all purpose flour (130 g)
- 1 tbsp chopped chili
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- salt to taste
- 1 cup hot water (250 ml)
- oil for frying
- In a mortar, add in shrimps and pound into a paste. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add in flour, pounded shrimps, chili and chives. Mix well. Add in warm water bit by bit while mixing. Leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Wet your hands (so that it's easier to handle the dough) and form the dough into small balls. Place them on greased plate.
- Heat a pot with abundance of oil on medium heat. Fry the balls in batches until they're golden brown and fully cooked. Place them on kitchen paper to soak the excess oil. Best served immediately.